Hosting separate multiplayer worlds

• Hi, I wanted to ask a question.

I'm for the most part impressed with LOTUS so far, and particularly looking forward to the 64-bit update, but at the moment I'm put off by the way multiplayer worlds are expected to work.

So far as I understand we will have:

- A multiplayer world with real DEM terrain and real cities curated by the LOTUS team

- A multiplayer world with real DEM terrain and fictional cities which can be added to by anyone

And if you want to build a non-DEM world, for example if you want to build a scaled-down version of a country like in Euro Truck Simulator, you have to build an offline world.

I would like to ask if it would be possible to host a fictional non-DEM multiplayer world on your own server. I'm part of an informal development team making UK content for OMSI, and also part of running what is currently the largest OMSI-related forum in the UK (FellowsFilm), and we would be very interested in hosting our own public multiplayer server in which to build fictional cities in fictional surroundings.

I personally feel that the ability to host your own server would open up the simulator to be used for all sorts of role-playing servers, similar to those made for GTA:SA, which has servers dedicated to public transport, taxi companies, emergency services, etc, and still has a vibrant community even 14 years after the game's release. I think this would make the simulator appeal to a wider audience and allow it to have a longer life.

I'm looking forward to seeing your response, and wish the best for the progress of the new simulator :)

Chris

• Hey Chris,

thanks for the feedback! I can not promise that we will release GameServers for your own needs, but we intend to mention some kind of LAN modus without a server, where you could load a map and play via LAN, even Singleplayer maps. And since Singleplayer maps in future can be created without any DEM, that could be a part of a solution that you are looking for.

As far as I read your wishes and the background, I think the current Multiplayer implementation (not yet publicly released) deserves a check... ;) Have a look at it as soon as we publish it. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards

Janine

• Hi Janine, it's great to get such a quick response.

LAN gameplay is not a feature which interests me because it seems like a much more limited use case than hosting a server, as it requires organising everyone involved to meet in one place which will be much more unusual than playing online wherever you are - however, I can see that on the occasions where it can be arranged, it would be awesome :)

I understand that you cannot promise such a feature, but it would in my opinion give the simulator so many more possibilities, and would, at least for me, change the game from an interesting product to a must-buy.

I'll keep following with interest to see what you come up with :)

Chris

• Once they add LAN multiplayer, you can always try to use Hamachi or other tools to extend it over the internet. Let's first hope they can implement stuff currently planned, as there are quite a few things on the list ^^

• Once they add LAN multiplayer, you can always try to use Hamachi or other tools to extend it over the internet. Let's first hope they can implement stuff currently planned, as there are quite a few things on the list ^^

If they add LAN, I think, that good network administrator can set router and do it normal server by it.

<SIGNATURE>

Patrik "EUcreepemineCZ" N. (CZ)

Speaking: CZ/EN

shorturl.at/qyFW6

</SIGNATURE>

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav