Buses + Routes

• Hi Devs,

When can we potential purchasers expect to see the first bus and full length driveable bus route in LOTUS?

Also, have you published a roadmap of what you expect to achieve in the your Simulator and in what time-frame?

Thanks.

• Hey :) We do not publish any time frames, since we can not guarantee that we achieve the desired features in the desired time. Our slogan is "It's done when it's done". We will keep everybody up to date which are the features that come the very next time and people are able to vote for next features as well as watch the progress of map creation - but that's all.

Best regards :)

Janine

• Hi,..

Yes, I understand and I am not actually asking for a release date of anything but now you have released LOTUS EA already with a module, surely you can tell people what you guys are currently working on and what we can expect. At the moment, there is nothing to play with. Most of the buyers will be gamers, not content creators.

For example, at the moment there is only one tram going around in a small circle. When do passengers arrive, A.I traffic, a proper route?? It's not fair to tell people that have purchased LOTUS that it's ready when it's ready. This could mean one month, 2 months, six months, One year! Customers will need to see a roadmap otherwise where is the trust?

I am worried that maybe you have released LOTUS demo just for the content creators and modders. Are you relying on the content creators and modders to make freeware buses and maps before you guys provide us with anything?

• This was one of the main reasons for the EA release: To allow content creators start working on their projects, so Lotus will have more to offer than just the stock maps and vehicles in the moment of the full release. Another reason is to allow externals (= those who are not members of the Lotus team or closely affiliated content creators or didn't participate in closed beta stages) to test the game, report bugs, submit feature / content wishes, suggest certain improvements aside of bugfixes etc. Allowing potential gamers to play a bit and check out the features is the least important thing. What matters more is to have a close contact to the community while still developing the product, so appropriate changes can still be made.

By the way, I consider myself being more of a gamer than a creator, although I'm definately planning to create one or another map, but I've decided to wait with the purchase, until the game is developed a bit further and has more to offer (especially tunnels, tunnel stations, completed signalling system and train control as well as content fitting my needs like two-direction, high-floor trams). However, I was still willing to create a forum account and to already participate in this stage despite not having the game yet, because I can still contribute useful stuff, get answers for questions I am having (I don't want to comment on Facebook and let everybody know about this hobby, prefer to by more anonymous), write suggestions regarding content and features and so on.

Again, if Lotus doesn't offer enough for you at the moment, then simply wait until it will do.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kay ()

• Again, if Lotus doesn't offer enough for you at the moment, then simply wait until it will do.

Like you, I also created this account despite not owning the game yet and I think there's quite a few of us already done that. However, that doesn't stop us asking questions in this section which is called, 'Questions Before Buying'.

• At the moment, there is nothing to play with.

maybe you have released LOTUS demo just for the content creators and modders.

I really understand your point. But relating to these both quoted sentences: As you can read everywhere, we've called it LOTUS Tools EA. We call it like that because we do not have a "full" map to play yet and would like to avoid disappointing any user. :-)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav