CDK/mapeditor offline mode

• Hi all.

Since I might develop quite some things for lotus being away from internet, I was wondering what functionality is hampered by the offline mode of the CDK and map editor.

I could not exactly figure out what is and is not available. Could someone explain me a bit more in which degree and active internet connection is required?

Cheers Jordi

Currently developing:

:flag_net: - RVV1990 - 40%

:flag_net: - RVV1966 Addon - 0%

• Well, obviously you cannot reserve tiles while you're offline and when you work in a team with a team ID, you'll lose permission to work offline on team content after seven days without login. Also, the tools are unable to check your permissions while in offline mode. Other than that, I think the functionality is pretty much the same, Janine?

• I hope, it is okay, if I answer the question instead of Janine... ;-)

Yes, nearly everything was correct, I will list it up for better reading:

• No tile reservation (neither new map nor changing reservation)
    • No download of new map images if you use the "Map" mode for ground textures. But: They will be cached, so if you're working on tiles which were downloaded already, everything is fine.
    • As team admin, you cannot change its properties
    • If you are offline, you won't get team member property updates (membership and/or rights) and you had to be online in the last 7 days on the current PC
    • You cannot open "foreign" content because the tools cannot check the rights you currently have. "Foreign" does not mean team content in this regard.
  • Thanks for explaining this, Marcel

It will be mostly object making to start with. So I'm happy to hear this should not cause any problems.

I just have to be sure to bring all files needed to create my objects :P

Mfg Jordi

Currently developing:

:flag_net: - RVV1990 - 40%

:flag_net: - RVV1966 Addon - 0%

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav