Lexicon entry about Sharp edges in Blender

• I did email the creator (Florian) of the Lexicon entry about Sharp Edges, but I guess it went to spam or something.

The way described is just wrong. To simply separate mesh, you mark the correct edges Sharp and you also add an Edge split modifier and untick the Edge Angle option. Now, I don't have Lotus, so I don't know about the export settings, but it's usually either "Apply modifiers on export" so your mesh only changes for the export, or you have to manually apply it and then go one step back.

This way, your mesh stays clean for future edits and you can freely use the Remove doubles function.

Hope this helps. If you need to know more, let me know. Thanks!

• Maybe Florian didn't react because he is not the creator but the translator of the article and iirc doesn't know much about Blender. ;)

That said, the solution described is not wrong but rather complicated and clumsy. I always prefer to work as you described and I think it would be a nice addition to the article to add this way of doing it. :)

• I'm not sure if I understand it right, but is it possible to split edges with this modifier manually? Or splits it just edges with "angle > α" ?

• You can mark edges as sharp in Blender. The modifier can split edges which have been marked sharp and only these or it can (also) use the angle as a criterion.

See here, "Mark Sharp and Clear Sharp" below "Set Edge Attributes".

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav