Few ideas about LOTUS...

• I've heard that radio controlled rail switches will be someday introduced to LOTUS.

I was thinking about another version, which is commonly used in eastern Europe (well at least here in Hungary). Here, most switches are controlled by the arriving tram's current (before the switch, there's a part of the wire which senses the current drained by the vehicle, so if you want to change the direction of the switch, you have to either push a button for that or accelerate under that path). Will it be possible to use this method later in LOTUS? And if yes, then what would it require from the vehicles? A new global variable, something like "VehicleCurrent"?

Also I'm very glad that LOTUS compiler gives normal, understandable error messages (like "error in xy.pas [line.letter] missing sg"), not the non-informative OMSI error (Zugriff bei....).

But I discovered that the translation can go wrong when you screw up something in a function, like getting the arcus cosinus of a number bigger than 1 and so on, and the only error I get then is something like "NAN is keine glutew...". After a bit of research I new NAN means Not A Number, but it would be nice to see if the error was something like the compiler errors, or atleast a bit more informative (I know it's not a translation time error, but more like a running time error, so the compiler might not even recognize it).

• Also, another thing came to my mind. In the content tool, every window after closed and reopened again, initializes with the same small size. For example I open the sound edit window (sounds, and then edit one of the sounds of a pack), and everytime it opens so small, half of the settable variables are not shown.

Like this:

It's not a big deal, but it's a bit frustating, when you have to adjust the window size everytime you wan to edit a sound (and every animation in the content tool vehicle section and so on).

• Even I would like to continue the idea of Bzmot332 because if you are miss the place of the switching cable what is drained from the tram itself. You have to switch the switcher manually by switching rod which is usually placed in the tram cabin. I hope you are understand what I am talking about.

• Usually there are 2 types of switching there is a not so tight cable what the tram's pantograph can reach and can lock. Nowadays these kind of cables running out of the era, because it can cause many problems if it's split. Because it can take the whole overhead cable if it's twinning on the pantograph. Other one is a magnetic switcher but it's much more safer than the previous one. But it's only switching the switcher. And there is another switcher on the cables in Budapest. That's the called hon-Contact which makes able that the tram locking the switch and then you can see the yellow signal next to the switching direction That's much more better than the other cable form cause it cannot split.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav