Question about the animation of the articulation.

• I would like to ask, did I understand correctly that you only need to animate the harmonica (articulation) in a blender? And why can not this be done in 3d max? And yes, if you do this in a blender, then maybe show how? and how to export all this after animation?

Speech about this article:
    Mesh-Animationen

• As far as I was able to understand this article, you make the animation in the ContentTool, not in Blender. However, I can't try and show it to you since I am not familiar with Blender yet, so I will have to wait with own content creation (although I already have some nice ideas in my mind....), don't have any time right now :(

• Well, where is it indicated that this is done in content tolls? I've read so much, in my opinion, at the very end, we need to do it in content tolls, but in the second paragraph we are sent to a blender.

• That sentence lacks a noun:

Zitat

Bei den Gewichtungen handelt es sich um zusätzliche Vertexdaten, deren Export insbesondere aus Blender in das x3D-Format nicht erlaubt

Wer oder was erlaubt deren Export insbesondere aus Blender nicht? - Who or what doesn't allow the export of vertex weights, particularly from Blender?

Ist einfach nur gemeint, dass das x3D-Format als solches keine Knotengewichtungen unterstützt? Dann verstehe ich die besondere Betonung von Blender nicht, weil das doch für jede Modellierungs-Software gelten müsste, die nach x3D exportiert.

• Did you read this article? Mesh-Animationen

Yes, I read. But there everything refers to the blender and that, there everything is not described how to do it.

Then I ask this:

1) Is it possible to make an animation of an accordion through the bones in 3d max?

2) I understand that the animation of the accordion is also here, as in the OMSI?

That sentence lacks a noun:

Zitat

Bei den Gewichtungen handelt es sich um zusätzliche Vertexdaten, deren Export insbesondere aus Blender in das x3D-Format nicht erlaubt

Wer oder was erlaubt deren Export insbesondere aus Blender nicht? - Who or what doesn't allow the export of vertex weights, particularly from Blender?

Ist einfach nur gemeint, dass das x3D-Format als solches keine Knotengewichtungen unterstützt? Dann verstehe ich die besondere Betonung von Blender nicht, weil das doch für jede Modellierungs-Software gelten müsste, die nach x3D exportiert.

So it became interesting to me, is it possible to do this in 3d max? If so, how?

I just found out that for OMSI, the harmonicas were animated in a blender, supposedly painting something. I simply have never exported anything to OMSI, and it’s still difficult for me to learn in LOTUS.

• Thank you for your information, I've corrected the sentence.

It just mean, that Blender cannot export the vertex weights for the mesh animation. But I remember, that the format itself allows vertex weights.

1.) No, it is not possible. The vertex weights will be exported as a second set of UV coordinates via a mesh copy (please see article) and the complete animation occurs in the ContentTool

2.) Sorry, but I don't know, what you mean with "the animation is also here" ?

• Is it possible, at least in the form of pictures, to add information there, how to do it in a blender and how to do it in content tolles?

1) That is, it turns out that I take an accordion (joint) and separately in a blender, and then export it to ContentTools. Right?

2) I meant that in LOTUS the animation of the harmonica is the same as in OMSI? Well, also do through a blender?

And another question, as I understood from everything. That is, everything is removed from the model, except for the accordion. Then I export the harmonica to a blender and make a "vertex weight" there. After that, export to the content tolls and there already set up the animation?

I apologize for asking such questions, but the whole process is just a little confusing.

• I'll come back to the question again.

After I studied the article (Mesh-Animationen) and in the course of communication, I learned that the harmonica (articulation) should be animated in Blender(https://pp.userapi.com/c848636…776/97110/QW2HUmxQSYc.jpg). Well, I understood that.

The question is now different, but how exactly is this to be done? Just the article is not very clear what to do.

Maybe at least add pictures for examples?

Thank you in advance!

• I'll come back to the question again.

After I studied the article (Mesh-Animationen) and in the course of communication, I learned that the harmonica (articulation) should be animated in Blender(https://pp.userapi.com/c848636…776/97110/QW2HUmxQSYc.jpg). Well, I understood that.

The question is now different, but how exactly is this to be done? Just the article is not very clear what to do.

Maybe at least add pictures for examples?

Thank you in advance!

The translation of the article is now online here, try to read through it to see if it clears things up for you

• From what I scanned through it is is quite different. Very crude is LOTUS:

- Copy the object and rename it @2m_{name}

- Texture this copy such that the side attached to the wagon is on the left of the texture and the side that will move is on the right of the texture

- Export, import in LOTUS

- Set up in the content tool

• Very different? I just never did it, so for me it will be difficult to understand. Well, there will be questions - I will write.

And the basics of harmonica animation (articulation / bellows) - like in OMSI?

UPD:

And isn’t it done like this?

https://web.archive.org/web/20…image-108065-c59b30eb.jpg
    https://web.archive.org/web/20…image-108068-e1f8187c.jpg
    https://web.archive.org/web/20…image-108070-0a914870.jpg
    https://web.archive.org/web/20…image-108071-507f4f1c.jpg

That is, everything is done differently?

• I've got another question regarding the animation, it's not about articulations, but about a similar topic and may incorporate future features, but I hope you may give me an answer.

Some older trams haven't got an automatic coupling like the Scharfenberg type, but are rather being coupled manually using several parallel connections:

- purely mechanical connection

- control signals (doors, lights etc.) via separate cables that are connected to ports on each wagon's back/front side

- eventually a high voltage cable that goes from the roof of wagon 1 to the roof of wagon 2, if the second one is motorized as well

To make the cables look realistic, they need to sag ("durchhängen"), therefore be affected by gravity, as well as to swing during movements.

Will this be done via mesh animation as well?

Another aspect, I imagine the manual coupling procedure, when made realistic, as follows:

- both wagons stay as close to each other as possible

- you click on the mechanical coupling end of wagon 1, then on the apropriate end of wagon 2 coupling

- both cars are connected mechanically; this step is important because the coupling doesn't necessarily have to be centered as is can turn to the sides a bit in order to follow curves

- then you click on the port of car 1's control signal connection

- a cable appears whose one plug is plugged in the clicked port

- the other end is unconnected for now and hangs; it could swing freely if you move the tram; if a part of the cable touches / hits against the trams body, it should not go through, but bounce back

- you connect the open end either by clicking in the unconnected port of the second wagon or click and drag the plug towards the port until it "snaps in"

- the overall procedure is therefore:

click port A - cable appears - click port B - connection estsblished OR

click port A - cable appears - click the unconnected plug and drag it to the other port - connection estsblished

So my main questions are:

- if and how it'd be possible to make the cable only appear when attempting to couple both wagons while it's obviously not there on a single, unconnected wagon;

- if and how it'd be possible to implement a realistic reaction to gravity, acceleration and push/pull forces (hanging, sagging, swinging, stretching)

- if and how it'd be possible to center the mechanical coupling when they are not necessarily centered due to their hinges / range of rotation

Here is an example of those connections on a real-world vehicle:

mechanical coupling (albert coupler)

control connections (one cable for control of the second wagon, another one for information feedback to the operator's cabin)

high-voltage cable between the wagons

I'd also know about the animation of such chains that are supposed to prevent people from crossing the rails between wagons (swinging and the chain's / sping's elasticity)

I hope that somebody from the devs can give me an answer :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kay ()

• Well, there will be questions - I will write.

And the basics of harmonica animation (articulation / bellows) - like in OMSI?

No, absolutely not. Please read the article (in the meantime, it has been translated), where I described in detail the steps, you will proceed.

it's not about articulations

Then it would have been better to start a new forum thread... ;-)

First of all, I must say, we believe, that having to do all these steps as realistic as possible in LOTUS would be much fun!

- if and how it'd be possible to make the cable only appear when attempting to couple both wagons while it's obviously not there on a single, unconnected wagon;

Bascially, this would be possible with the script variable coupled_# (https://www.lotus-simulator.de…ing-variables-and-events/). But unfortunately, you will have the problem to animate your cable properly between two cars, because it would have been a mesha animation between two completely independent vehicles...

- if and how it'd be possible to implement a realistic reaction to gravity, acceleration and push/pull forces (hanging, sagging, swinging, stretching)

That's not possible at all... :-( These would be great features, but they are not easy to implement, so we can't work on them yet...

- if and how it'd be possible to center the mechanical coupling when they are not necessarily centered due to their hinges / range of rotation

This would be possible, if you add a child animation of your coupling animation, which allows an additional rotation movement around the mounting axis. Now, you animate it with a script variable, which can be changed by drag and drop as long as coupled_# is zero and which has to be nearly zero (please don't use var=0, because you will never get the coupling at this position with a mouse drag drop! :-D Please use something like abs(var) < a and test, which value a should have be.

But it would not possible to couple in curves, because this is just a "fake" system, which works on straight tracks.

I'd also know about the animation of such chains that are supposed to prevent people from crossing the rails between wagons

Here you will have the same problem like with the cable animation: Basically, this yould be a simple mesh animation, but since it is not possible to construct a mesh animation between two independend objects, this cannot be realized yet. :-(

• So. I return again to the question of harmonica animation (articulation).

I read the article and did everything as it is written there, but the animation does not work. The process was observed by jjasloot. I post screenshots of how it is done in 3d max and in tools.
    (I'll leave the text on the original just in case:

И так. Я снова возвращаюсь к вопросу об анимации гармошки(сочлененния).

Я статью прочитал и сделал всё также, как там написано, но анимация не работает. За процессом наблюдал jjasloot. Выкладываю скриншоты того, как сделано в 3д максе и в инструментах)
    Screenshots:
    https://pp.userapi.com/c845220…04/10a988/OkU8Q5BE66A.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c845220…04/10a992/EvOBTMoGPIE.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c845220…04/10a99c/9tsYFw5Ce44.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c849424…004/9bde1/_bEC4PO9m8I.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c849424…004/9bdeb/MFN--DgYUZQ.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c849424…004/9bdf5/IfI_wFAOQXI.jpg

• You did export both objects (gangway and @2m_gangway) together?

Please do a test: Set "Intensity of AO" to 1.0 and set on the "Test Environment" tab "Direct Sunlight" and "Indirect Sunlight" to 0 and "Ambient light" to max. Then make a screenshot of the harmonica. :-)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav