Feature wish - Select position for lightpoints in 3D view

• So I still don't have much free time to start playing with the Content Tool, but I'm following Julian's tutorials on youtube.

I'm thinking maybe you could add a button in this menu which would allow to click on a mesh in the 3D view, and fill in the x,y,z coordinates for the light position.

Currently you have to guess and type, which is very time consuming.

So what do you think, could this be added in the near future? :)

• Interesting idea but I think it might be hard to get a 3D-coordinate on a 2D-screen. I would suggest to add some faders with a live preview of the coordinates in the model

That could also work, but i think you misunderstood my idea.

You would click the "Select in 3D view" button on the right panel, then you just click the mesh of the lightbulb in this case in the 3D window, and then the light would be placed to the pivot of the selected lightbulb mesh, which is usually the center of the object. So you are not selecting a 3D coordinate, you are just selecting a mesh (click it at any part) and its center coordinates are used ;)

Might be a good idea for modding, but what keeps you from getting the coordinates in the modeling software now?

To finish quicker and not spend half a day changing between windows and copying coordinates? :giggle:

• You would click the "Select in 3D view" button on the right panel, then you just click the mesh of the lightbulb in this case in the 3D window, and then the light would be placed to the pivot of the selected lightbulb mesh, which is usually the center of the object. So you are not selecting a 3D coordinate, you are just selecting a mesh (click it at any part) and its center coordinates are used ;)

Ok, selecting a mesh could work. I was thinking about any position in the vehicle. Then you can't choose a position on a screen because it could be the position right behind it.

Those faders I mentioned could also be used for the vectors of an animation. That would be a really nice feature instead of entering, checking and again and again.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav