General issues.

• I had a few questions:

1) Will the current collector of a tram change its height during movement, as in reality?

2) Will export tools support smoothing in models in the future? Because now I export models, and all of them are almost “square”.

3) Will there be rails under 1520 mm? And how to make arrows in the editor (if there is an article, give me a link)?

4) Will there be any optimization in the game in the future? Will the graphics be a little better than now?

5) Will there be trees in the future, as in reality (speedtree, as in Rains)?

6) A strange question, if there is a 9 or 11 section conditional tram, how much influence will the FPS have?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

• 1) That is technically possible with the script-system. So, I don't think the GT6n doesn't support that, after all, the idea of LOTUS is as much reality as possible.

3) Of course you can build other track gauges. The normal width in Germany is 1435mm for example.

I hope could help you a little bit, maybe someone else can say something about the other points.

• 1) It does it already.

2) They do it already, it depends on your export in your 3d software and your answer depending the flat/smooth shading while importing the mesh into the ContentTool.

3a) You can adjust the rail track width free. If you need ties for your track, you have to create them manually.

3b) What do you mean with "arrows"?

4) LOTUS is in EA state, so we are still working on it. ;-)

5) We do already include 3D trees, as you can see. ;-)

6) Because the performance depends on many many factors, you cannot just answer the question with a single value. It depends on "everything" ;-)

• 1) That is, if I animate the pantograph and put the script from the GT6N, then my pantograph will change its height during movement?

2) Just in the 3D program, anti-aliasing is done, but for export for some reason, this anti-aliasing disappears. Am I correct, what is the so-called anti-aliasing in the topmost tab of the tool?

Will there be support for SMUS and ISAA?

3a) That is, I myself have to create these rails? Okay, this question will be postponed a bit later.

3b) I meant how to make an arrow. That is, to connect the path to the existing. I meant, like this: https://www.lotus-simulator.de…asted-from-clipboard-png/

4) This is good.

5) Are they included in the game or are they listed in the map editor?

6) That is, you need to check this yourself?

I have some more questions, so I’ll continue numbering.

7) I was wondering about multiplayer, and therefore there were questions:

a) It turns out that it will be possible to have a closed and open server? Will there be a limit on the number of people on the server?

b) Will bots (AI) work in multiplayer? Well, at the same time both real people, and bots (AI).

For now, I think that's all. Of course there is a question about the harmonica (articulated / bellows), but we will ask later.

• 1) Yes, but the script has to be adapted to the geometry of your pantograph.

2) Sorry, but I don't know neither SMUS nor ISAA. And sorry, but I don't know what you mean with this anti-aliasing stuff...

3) The switches will be generated automatically

5) Of course are they included, you can see them on nearly all screenshots! ;-)

7) You'll see. ;-)

• 2) Sorry, but I don't know neither SMUS nor ISAA. And sorry, but I don't know what you mean with this anti-aliasing stuff...

So, it was my question and it would be better if I posted it myself, not by Damir. The implications were of course not "SMUS" and "ISAA", but "Smooth" and "MSAA" were meant.

I'm asking about Smooth on the model by polygons. Will it be support by game when exporting models to it? Since this technology allows us not to create a lot of triangels and optimize model. I was advised when I was studying by a professional 3D modeller, and he taught me that, instead of the extra polygons, you need to use a Smooth and Relief maps(Normal/Bump/etc.).

• Hmm... Normal maps are possible, but I do not know such effects like you describes. There is no possibility to make smoother meshs without adding further vertices/polygons.

• 2) Sorry, but I don't know neither SMUS nor ISAA. And sorry, but I don't know what you mean with this anti-aliasing stuff...

So, it was my question and it would be better if I posted it myself, not by Damir. The implications were of course not "SMUS" and "ISAA", but "Smooth" and "MSAA" were meant.

I'm asking about Smooth on the model by polygons. Will it be support by game when exporting models to it? Since this technology allows us not to create a lot of triangels and optimize model. I was advised when I was studying by a professional 3D modeller, and he taught me that, instead of the extra polygons, you need to use a Smooth and Relief maps(Normal/Bump/etc.).

Select all the polygons in polygon subobject mode in 3DS Max and click Auto Smooth. Or if you would really want to use the Smooth modifier, after applying it collapse to editable poly, before you export it to LOTUS. When you import in Content Tool, it will ask if you want all faces to be set to flat shading. Click No. If after that, you still have hard edges, your mesh has errors, maybe some orphan vertices.

• There were questions, and I would like to hear the answers.

1) Will electric buses and trolleybuses be realized with a large autonomous course? Anything will be known, how will it look about?

2) I wanted to know if it is possible to support the terrible state of the contact network, that is, sagging?

3) How to make an arrow under 1520 mm in the map editor? Just the arrow itself does not appear, and only the wits remain. Or do you need to do the arrow in the tools?

4) In which category to import the rails themselves?

5) In which category to import the contact network supports and the contact network wire itself? How to make the clips join the contact network?

6) And somewhere about content is described about all categories?

7) Will there be support for such an extraordinary situation as a hall (broken) current collector (pantograph)?

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav