• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • The main reason to buy LOTUS today is to develop some objects, maps, vehicules, etc...

If you want to play for real, I suggest you to wait at least 8-12 months ^^

• ah its so confusing... Jumping around to read 15 different forums and steam notes etc just to work out which components do what and what is released and what you can do in each component. Then add to that the current limitations versus future expectations, looking for a timeline on what to expect and when. I get that the early access is to get content creators on their way, but it would be nice if there were some plain and simple information for people who just want to play a driving simulator game. but its all mixed up in threads within threads.

I am not a content creator, i just want to drive a bus in a game that gives me a better experience than omsi 2....

• I am not a content creator, i just want to drive a bus in a game that gives me a better experience than omsi 2....

I think you speak for a great many of us. Most of us are already users of Omsi and have been for years but we are desperately in need of an updated 64 Bit improvement and LOTUS is meant to be the one but I fear it's going to be a long wait for us!

• The other option would have been to develop the simulator in a "closed" environment with beta testers only... But I think this is definitely the better way!

• I think that's a straight forward description. It's written on the steam page of LOTUS, you don't have to search that much to find that.

BTW, mostly all of the comments on the page mentioned that it's an EA version, suitable for developers and NOT for simple players.

And if you bought the LOTUS believing it's a full game like OMSI, wihtout reading on the Steam page, then it's not the creators' fault that you are disappointed.

And as gt670dn mentioned before, it's still much much better, then a closed beta. There're plenty of mods being made at the moment, so when the game goes finished, there'll be a lot of finished vehicles, maps, etc. Or would it be better like in OMSI, when we had to wait almost a year to download the first bus (the Karosa)?

• Then add to that the current limitations versus future expectations, looking for a timeline on what to expect and when. I get that the early access is to get content creators on their way, but it would be nice if there were some plain and simple information for people who just want to play a driving simulator game. but its all mixed up in threads within threads.

Hey ho,

on https://www.lotus-simulator.de/index.php?progress-en/ you can see the current state of development. There won't be a specified date for new updates or key features, since we don't want to pressure ourselves leading to create quick'n'dirty implementations.

Of course this EA is about the tools, so the content creators can test and use the tools. People who only want to drive may wait till there are more features inside the simulation.

At several occasions the state of development is written, so please make your own mind about joining the early access or not, since everybody has their own requirements on a good simulation. ;)

Greets

• I haven't bought it, because i can work out that its EA and yes i do think its great to have the access given early to get content creators etc the time they need to put forward all of their wonderful creations.

I just think that lumping the EA game with the "proposed" final game is messy and turning off a few omsi fans that cant be bothered trawling through threads and trying to work out exaclty where this project is up to.

I think the EA game and on this webpage the threads for the EA game should be kept in a separate area and perhaps even on a separate web page so people interested in that can get the specific info they require, and the people who just want to play the game can focus on just the game.

As Peapods mentioned, there seem to be a great many of omsi fans who come in and get overwhelmed by the EA component and if they are anything like me, they just completely switch off and just check on the progress (if they can find it) every few months. It would be a shame if Lotus lost some users interest before it even had a chance to take off. There must be people who get excited about this release only to find they are flooded with information here and there and try to work out what on earth LOTUS is, now and in the future.

I know for those of you who follow this forum and its progress constantly, you have been able to follow the bouncing ball... but some of us only check in every few months and at the moment for me trying to catch up, its a real mess.

• To be honest I can't be too objective with this simple user thing, because from the first moment I knew I'd buy LOTUS and tried to make content in it.

But I think it's a better promotion for the game that so much content is being made from this "beta" state, better than just a few pages of progress bars and progress information. And on the forum you can see many WIP projects that'll be available when the final game is published.

Sure, a "simple player" may only see that many features are still missing, and the forum is full of WIP stuff, bug reporting and so on (I have absolutely no idea what's the german threads are about though). But I think that's still beter for all of us, than a closed beta with only a few lucky developers.

Actually, I think this is the best method for a simulator like this, content developers can add ideas about the game, ideas that the game developers might not even thought about. You can figure out how you can make content, make the content tool better with your tips etc.

And since this is the actual state of the game, I don't think there should be a seperated part for this EA version and another area for the full game, because there's no full game, this is LOTUS at the moment.

• There must be people who get excited about this release only to find they are flooded with information here and there and try to work out what on earth LOTUS is, now and in the future.

I really don't get it. If someone want to find out what LOTUS is about and what he can expect and when, he or she should visit lotus-simulator.de and Read "Features" and "Progress of Development". Maybe the LOTUS Facebook Page too. Or the Description in the Steam Shop. I don't know why the heck some should try to read misleading information on suspicious sources, if he can get 100% accurate information from the best source you can think of: the LOTUS Developers.

• There must be people who get excited about this release only to find they are flooded with information here and there and try to work out what on earth LOTUS is, now and in the future.

I really don't get it. If someone want to find out what LOTUS is about and what he can expect and when, he or she should visit lotus-simulator.de and Read "Features" and "Progress of Development". Maybe the LOTUS Facebook Page too. Or the Description in the Steam Shop. I don't know why the heck some should try to read misleading information on suspicious sources, if he can get 100% accurate information from the best source you can think of: the LOTUS Developers.

dont worry, i just find it messy

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav