Can i make content for Buses modul now?

• Hi peeps

So i seen a W.I.P map which seems road/bus based so im wondering if i buy the tram module , can i start making a map of roads ready for the buses module? Ie will it be compatible with the buses module when it gets released? , as dont want to make a map now then find out when the buses module gets released that because i made the map in the tram module it wont work

Thanks

Raymond

• Hi Raymond,

you totally can create content for a bus map or even start building one. The map editor and content tool won't change fundamentally for the streets module. The only thing you can't do at the moment is to develop a bus model. But afaik everything you create in the map editor will be working with every module. So you can even fly over your bus map later on.

Greets :)

/edit:
    Also, you should notice that the "modules" that you buy later on just add the permission to drive the sort of vehicles (or fly ;))!

• You can fly with Street vehicles you? :'D

I'm kidding :giggle:

• Since i would love to get a head start on my local area in London which means driving on left side of road , will i need to worry about that? As for Omsi 2 i used to make my roads in blender then use the SDK tool crossing editor and lay down AI paths onto the roads for AI to follow and wondering if it’s different for lotus ?

Thanks

• Since i would love to get a head start on my local area in London which means driving on left side of road , will i need to worry about that? As for Omsi 2 i used to make my roads in blender then use the SDK tool crossing editor and lay down AI paths onto the roads for AI to follow and wondering if it’s different for lotus ?

Thanks

Yes, the traffic direction on the left will be - according to the developers - much simpler and better!

• As for Omsi 2 i used to make my roads in blender then use the SDK tool crossing editor and lay down AI paths onto the roads for AI to follow and wondering if it’s different for lotus ?

Modelling your Roads and Crossings in Blender is a Thing of the Past.
    Now you can Build all this directly in the Editor - no need to touch Blender for a Crossing.

Even if the AI will be diffrent then in Omsi, i do not have Precise Information about AI, cause it is still in development at the Moment.

• The map editor and content tool won't change fundamentally for the streets module. The only thing you can't do at the moment is to develop a bus model.

Not entirely correct: There are no traffic rules at the moment, you can't even tell which lane is for which direction, there are no bus stops, etc. So there's a lot related to bus maps which you can't do yet. But you can already start building the whole scenery.

• The map editor and content tool won't change fundamentally for the streets module. The only thing you can't do at the moment is to develop a bus model.

Not entirely correct: There are no traffic rules at the moment, you can't even tell which lane is for which direction, there are no bus stops, etc. So there's a lot related to bus maps which you can't do yet. But you can already start building the whole scenery.

But also notice, that you can't mark tram stops too for example. :) So yes, everything which is AI related is missing at the moment. Everyone who's building a map right now, has to add that later on. But I guess that's not a problem.

• It's AI related, but traffic rules and bus stops will also affect the player. All I meant to say is that there are more things missing than the possibility to import bus models (in fact, the model can be imported right now but you can't drive it). For instance (without me having verified it), I think the script system in the available EA version is not ready for road vehicles, too. So there is some work for the developers to do and after that content creators will need to put some work into their existing maps, too. Just not to give the wrong impression that you build your map and everything is ready once the first bus arrives for Lotus.

Leyland1195 I think it will be the same amount of work as for RHD maps.

• Acmg is right. There are no restrictions since the tools remain the same, but you are not able to configure anything street-vehicle-related. :)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav