Terrain heigh problem

• Hi all,

I was continuing to build my real map and as you can see from the image, the ground at the sides of the road has become higher than the reality.

Is there a way to correct the actual height of the ground?

Thank you

• Thank you for your suggests, I tried to remove the subgrades and the ground came back normal. Is it possible to build the map anyway without subgrades and reference lines?

In case it’s flat, you don’t necessary need subgrades. Reference lines are not obligatory, but they are recommended to measurements or setting distance between splines, etc.

But using subgrades is not that hard, you just have to get used to them.

• I tried to remove the subgrades and the ground came back normal. Is it possible to build the map anyway without subgrades and reference lines?

Why would you remove the subgrade? I didn't write that.

It is necessary to use subgrades, if you want to build a real world map. Reference lines are a good tool to create your map, so use them as often as you can.

Greets

• I removed the subgrades before reading your answer ^^°

The thing I don't understand is why, one time I've removed the subgrades and the reference lines the splines and the polygons follow the correct slope of the ground?

In theory it should be all flat or maybe I'm still not able to use these functions correctly and I do not understand their usefulness.

• The thing I don't understand is why, one time I've removed the subgrades and the reference lines the splines and the polygons follow the correct slope of the ground?

In theory it should be all flat or maybe I'm still not able to use these functions correctly and I do not understand their usefulness.

The height of the splines and polygons is relative to the terrain. The terrain is defined by the ground itself and the subgrades. If you remove the subgrade, the map editor will calculate the height of the polygons relative to the (mostly wrong) ground.

The data we use to create the ground isn't that exact. At the moment it is very useful to display mountains and so on, but if you create a street or a railtrack on the map, you need a flat surface, where the street is located.

Last but not least the ground is mostly a little bit to high, so the subgrade is normally placed "underneath the terrain". After calculating the terrain again the subgrade is obviously part of the terrain.

The conclusion of this is to get the height out of Google Earth or other tools (maybe your goverment provides a website with good height data). Then you use this data for the subgrades, so you place all your rails, streets, trees, houses and so on on subgrades. When building tram routes you set the rail first and then the subgrades.

Greets

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav