• There were questions, and I would like to hear the answers.

1) Will electric buses and trolleybuses be realized with a large autonomous course? Anything will be known, how will it look about?

2) I wanted to know if it is possible to support the terrible state of the contact network, that is, sagging?

3) How to make an arrow under 1520 mm in the map editor? Just the arrow itself does not appear, and only the wits remain. Or do you need to do the arrow in the tools?

4) In which category to import the rails themselves?

5) In which category to import the contact network supports and the contact network wire itself? How to make the clips join the contact network?

6) And somewhere about content is described about all categories?

7) Will there be support for such an extraordinary situation as a hall (broken) current collector (pantograph)?

• Hi,

I've seen your post before, but right now, I can barely understand, what you are trying to say. So apologizes in advance, but can you post pictures what you mean by:

- "autonomous course"

- "contact network"

- "arrow under 1520 mm"?

This looks like Google Translate and this vocabulary isn't related in any kind to our simulation.

Anyways: I can at least answer question number 4. I recently wrote an article about the import of your own rails into LOTUS in German. I will translate this article as soon as possible.

Greets

• Florian, Yes, now I will explain everything:

1) "autonomous course". An autonomous course is when a tram or trolleybus drives on batteries (or on a diesel generator). Photo example:

http://transphoto.ru/photo/11/55/95/1155952.jpg
    http://transphoto.ru/photo/11/56/22/1156222.jpg

https://transphoto.ru/photo/11/58/85/1158852.jpg
    https://transphoto.ru/photo/11/58/85/1158851.jpg

2) "contact network". Contact network (contact wire) is what is powered by electric vehicles. If I asked about this example:

https://transphoto.ru/photo/11/57/50/1157504.jpg

3) "arrow under 1520 mm". I ran into such a problem when I changed the track width from 1,435 mm to 1,520 mm, then when creating the arrow, the arrows themselves disappeared. Here is an example: https://pp.userapi.com/c850536…361/442db/zLiIQEVufIw.jpg . What to do in this case?

• I have a question with the setting of the reverse.

I wanted to see as on the screen, but with the amendment.

0 is neutral

8 - forward

-8 is back.

Now the order is: neutral - back - forward

Is it possible to make it so that: forward - neutral - back, but with this initial position on neutral?

Is it possible in the script to somehow fix the order?

I can say wrong, if you have questions - write.

https://pp.userapi.com/c845418…97/136870/4EIHpGbPUXY.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c845418…97/136866/illbgCdbF-Q.jpg
    https://pp.userapi.com/c845418…97/13685c/LAye0l4d49E.jpg

• I don't really understand what you mean.

But you can set the degree of rotation in the script (forward -> x degree, that's what will rotate the reverser). And in the Initialize function (called in the main pas file) you can set the variables whatever you want.

• Hi,

the pictures helped a lot, so I'll try to answer the other questions too.

1) Will electric buses and trolleybuses be realized with a large autonomous course? Anything will be known, how will it look about?

As far as I'm concerned the trolleybuses will be provided by us, but there won't be an official map for trolleybuses. I think, you can script the possibility to drive with fuel, when there is no contact wire.

2) I wanted to know if it is possible to support the terrible state of the contact network, that is, sagging?

This is already possible. The V6E from Hamburg has the function, that the power collector will derail in several occasions.

3) How to make an arrow under 1520 mm in the map editor? Just the arrow itself does not appear, and only the wits remain. Or do you need to do the arrow in the tools?

If you only want to change the gauge to 1520 mm, you have to create a new preset in the map editor and there is no need to create a new track with Blender and the Content Tool. I'm experiencing some troubles when changing the presets afterwards, so maybe you should delete the railtrack on your map and build them with the new preset once again.

5) In which category to import the contact network supports and the contact network wire itself? How to make the clips join the contact network?

The wire itself should be imported as a "Catenary" and supports are simple Splines where you can chose the fitting category on your own.

6) And somewhere about content is described about all categories?

There is no strict rule for every category. You chose the best fitting category for your content. But keep in mind other people should be able to find your content too.

7) Will there be support for such an extraordinary situation as a hall (broken) current collector (pantograph)?

You can create this by a script.

Greets

• I don't really understand what you mean.

But you can set the degree of rotation in the script (forward -> x degree, that's what will rotate the reverser). And in the Initialize function (called in the main pas file) you can set the variables whatever you want.

I wrote that I can put it wrong. Watch the video again, there the reverse goes wrong.

I want my starting position at 0 (neutral). If the handle is pulled up, the reverse is turned on (it is shown with the number 4). Or if the handle is pulled down, then the reverse is turned on (it is shown with the number -4).

That is, I want the neutral to always be 0. If reverse is forward and we need to go back, I would like the reverse handle to pass through the neutral.

If it is not clear, I shot the video in the tool, as I see approximately. Is it possible to do so?

Hi,

the pictures helped a lot, so I'll try to answer the other questions too.

I will answer the points. I do not want to clutter up with large quotes.

1) Will there be a division of trolleybuses into types that can drive a battery / fuel for a long time (I’ll use the word battery later) and those that can only go 2–3 meters away by battery?

I just wonder how the system will be implemented in trolleybuses that can drive a battery. There will be a type of scale, where will be shown how much energy is left in the battery?

Will there be lessons on the creation of trolley buses? I mean, how to convert them to the game.

2) Are there any videos to see? or is it private yet?

3) I apologize wildly, is it possible to at least make this article with an image? Well, or on one of your video tutorials on creating maps.
    4) I will wait. Thank.

I will write about points 5, 6 and 7 later.

• I cannot see anything on the first video, since the area around the black coloured reverser is black itself.

I have to ask - do you write your own scripts or use the scripts of the GTN6?

If you use or own scripts, then you have to write your scripts in that way you want.

So, first, after spawning the tram, you want the reverser to be in neutral, at 0 degrees rotation, right? If so, then all you need to do is to write that in the scripts. The Initialize function is called by the LOTUS when spawning the vehicle - in that init. function you can add values to your variables at the beginning. If you want the reverser to start from null, you have to set it null in the init. function.

If you use the scripts of the GTN, then it's harder, since you have to modify someone else's code, which is usually not so easy (first you have to understand every part of the script, just to know where you have to modify it).

About the trolleybuses:

I think there won't be anything specific like that. I mean there'll be global variables that can be used in vehicles (rotation variables of the pantographs, voltage, stuff like that). Anything else will have to be written by the vehicle developers. Even now, there're no specific stuff like that for trams.

Everything you want is need to be written by yourself. If you want the tram to have a battery, you make some variables about that (charge, voltage, so on), and then you write your own methods using that battery (if there's no power in the wires, the battery's being used by the lamps or whatsoever). I'm 99% sure this will be the case with the trolleys. If you want it to be able to move on without wires, you have to script it that way. Implement a battery, write the needed functions and methods for it. If you want to know how much charge is left, you write that in the script, and then add the needed animation for that.

Even at the moment you can build a tram like that (though it'd make absolutely no sense).

By the way, I don't think there'll be videos about how to build stuff. Julian has some videos about how to implement trams (well, unfortunately only in German, and the automatically generated english subtitle is pretty horrible in YouTube ^^° ) and that's it.

But I don't think that's the game developers job to do. In OMSI there were even less help, since then we only had an SDK (which didn't enclude anything about scripting, making addons). Now we have a pretty decent Lexicon section, I think that's enough from the devs. Sure it's a bit hard to understand a few things about making stuff, but I think it's possible to learn these things in only a few weeks by yourself. And if you have some questions, the forum is still here.

• I think there won't be anything specific like that. I mean there'll be global variables that can be used in vehicles (rotation variables of the pantographs, voltage, stuff like that). Anything else will have to be written by the vehicle developers.

That's exactly how it will be solved by us! Such things like a battery can be scripted since at least it has nothing to do with the environment (ok, battery power is really bad at very cold days, but you will be able to read the temperature later.

• Bzmot332, I use the script from GT6N, but partially editing. I have just edited the doors.

Well, I'll try editing the script where the reverse is registered. If I write the results.

I think there won't be anything specific like that. I mean there'll be global variables that can be used in vehicles (rotation variables of the pantographs, voltage, stuff like that). Anything else will have to be written by the vehicle developers. Even now, there're no specific stuff like that for trams.

Everything you want is need to be written by yourself. If you want the tram to have a battery, you make some variables about that (charge, voltage, so on), and then you write your own methods using that battery (if there's no power in the wires, the battery's being used by the lamps or whatsoever). I'm 99% sure this will be the case with the trolleys. If you want it to be able to move on without wires, you have to script it that way. Implement a battery, write the needed functions and methods for it. If you want to know how much charge is left, you write that in the script, and then add the needed animation for that.

Well, at least in the future, at least some article would be that to build such a trolley bus.

Julian has some videos about how to implement trams (well, unfortunately only in German, and the automatically generated english subtitle is pretty horrible in YouTube ) and that's it.

Well, I partially understand the video from Julian's lessons. Difficulties do not see, but there are questions.

• Well, that explains many things (that you use the GTN's scripts)

So, the GTN's cockpit has values like this:

Richtungswender_Pos: single;

Richtungswender_Value: shortint;

First one is the position, the second one is the value of the reverser leveler.

You have to edit this part of the script:
    (Edit: this is in the GTN6_cockpit.pas)

Code
    1. procedure Cockpit_RefreshReversePos(var _cockpit: TCockpit);
    2. begin
    3. case _cockpit.Richtungswender_Value of
    4. 0: _cockpit.Richtungswender_Pos := 0;
    5. 1: _cockpit.Richtungswender_Pos := 29;
    6. 2: _cockpit.Richtungswender_Pos := 58;
    7. 3: _cockpit.Richtungswender_Pos := 135;
    8. end;
    9. end;

As you can see, this procedure gives values to the positions, according to the values of it. So if the leveler is in state 1, it's position is 29 (this value is used in the animation in the content tool).

All you need to do is to figure out which value means which direction, and then edit those numbers.

• Questions again. Therefore, I re-number them.

1) When will the articles on the creation of tire transport?

2) How to make objects that should have an attachment? This is for example the clamps contact wire. Are there any articles on creating a contact network(catenary)?

We simply in the TRS contact network hung on the object, which had an attachment. I saw that in LOTUS the attachment is only on the contact wire itself. And I want in addition to the contact wire - attach and extensions (ropes).

Well, in general, it was like that. If I need to get closer, I'll take off the screen.

https://pp.userapi.com/c852024…682/6489b/YfVgfyz7Ff4.jpg

3) On which article to rely in order to make the traffic light yourself? You just need to do by Russian standards.

http://dosaaf-kolomna.ru/images/bezop/1%20(6).png

4) How to make so that the coupling for coupling with another car appeared? And will it cling to different models?

5) Is it possible to use the script to open / close the doors individually? It’s just that the GT6N script is made so that you can only open / close the 1st door separately.
    6) I have a question like this, but is there an opportunity to make a bogey non-rotary or turning a certain degree in a tools, but at the same time to drive along the rails? It’s just that in my middle section of the OZMT-18M bogey's get out into the cabin when turning (not always of course, but still).

• 1.) Please no "when" questions... we cannot answer them seriously, so if we try an answer, it won't help you at all.

2.) Unfortunately still only in German: Oberleitungselemente

3.) You will find example scripts in your OpenSource directory

4.) I really don't understand your question

5.) Yes, you can script nearly everything, especially concerning internal systems like doors. But we really don't have the time to explane you each detail of vehicle scripting. You will find example scripts to get an idea how these system have to be implemented.

6.) Sorry, I cannot understand this question... :-/

• 6.) Sorry, I cannot understand this question... :-/

Ich glaube er meint, ob man einem Drehgestell einen maximalen Ausschlagwinkel definieren kann - oder sichtbare Drehung ganz abschalten, es aber dennoch den Schienen folgen soll, auch wenn der Ausschlagwinkel der durch die Kurve gegeben wäre den maximalen Winkel überschreiten würde. Damit das Drehgestell nicht aus der Verkleidung "herausbuggt".

• Marcel Kuhnt:

1) Sorry. They just ask me about the bus transport, because my team is already making a bus. Therefore, I asked about the article for the tire transport.

Well, we will wait for an article about tire transport.

2) Well, ok, I will translate with the help of a translator. If you have questions - you can ask? I'm talking about creating objects for the contact network.

3) Well, yes, I saw the variable templates for the script there. Again, if there are questions, I will ask.

4) I had in mind about the coupling, as in GT6N. Here is an example:

https://pp.userapi.com/c851128…017/6be10/wRW5z7DGbw8.jpg

I mean, how to also make for OZMT models?

https://pp.userapi.com/c851128…017/6be8c/3om3a07ztjE.jpg

Just how to make this link pull out in the game?

5) I just wanted to clarify, since I myself will write a script, because I remember the language of Pascal.

6) gt670dn correctly described. Thanks to him.

7) I understand correctly that this article is for an animation pantograph? Creating animations

Achso... danke! :)

That depends on the configuration and the role of this bogie.

Which of the two screenshots need to be edited for a bogie?
    https://pp.userapi.com/c851128…017/6beb7/ihiIlAgkDB0.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c851128…017/6bec1/b0Ywv6IelCc.jpg

• 4) Well, that's scriptet, too. You can control by script, if your coupling is ready or disabled, and then you have to add any kind of animation or visible var.

bogie) As you can see, the variable ZStellung_B is entered to control the angle on this bogie. If you would like to have a fixed bogie, just remove the variable there.

• 4) I just do not understand how to do everything.

It turns out to me that it is easy to export the coupling together with the model and then configure it in the content tool? Is there an article about this?

bogie) That is, if I change this variable in the script, it will be as I want?

• Well, with the trolley, I realized what to do. But what about item number 4?

I just want to do the same, as in GT6N, to click on the bottom of the mask and pull out the hitch. How to do it?

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav