Pylons not following the spline

• I ran into a littple issue while using the Pylon function in content tool for spline creation.

I created the spline in 3dsmax.

Exported the spline part and the pylon as seperate x3d's and imported them into the content tool.

Now the pylons will be perfectly placed along the line that you "draw" in the editor. (or using the content tool preview)

The spline part will also follow this line, but in straihgt section between certain points. This causes the pylon's to detach or interfere with the spline part.

See screen shot:

I tried setting the the zero point at various places in 3dsmax, but the problem remained. Also tried to get the "cut" of the spline with various values in the content tool object properties. But this only applies to texture it seems, not to where the 3dmodel is cut/subdivided.

Anyone an idea how to circumvent problems with the pylon function of splines?

I drawn what i think happend a little bit extreme in this picture:

Black is teh spline path, red the pylons and blue the spline drawn.

Currently developing:

:flag_net: - RVV1990 - 40%

:flag_net: - RVV1966 Addon - 0%

• That was the case, The segment of spline was 2 meter long, and the pylon was set at the start point (So wehere the thing is subdivided in the 3D.) I did some experimenting with cutting the spline before, but don't know exactly how anymore. Will give it some more tries later this week.

Currently developing:

• Please try this: Use an alternative texture with just a gradient from e.g. red to yellow, so the spline should like that:

Then make tests with StepCount = -1, 0 and 1 and make screenshots in the MapEditor.

• I made a little new object for testing with a texture as you suggested. It was more easy to do so and to be 100% sure it wouldn't be my object with a offset pole. So now both the spline and pole are at Y=0. The spline part is just a single double sided poly of 2x2meters.

From Left to rigth we see -1, 0 and 1.

-1 offcourse has no issue at all, since it will not place intermediate poles along the spline and only at the begin and end.

Both 0 and 1 have the issue of the poles being out of line. (and any other interger would cause problem)

In the next screen you see the 0 and 1 having the poblem.

Left is 1 and right 0.

As expected the 0 spline is cut off at the end. The 1 spline has nicely subdived it's texture and pole distance to fit.

However the subdivision of the 3D model, is not aligning to anything. Making th "bends" lay somewhere random middle in the spline. I marked the subdivisions of the 3d modle with red, because they are quite clrealy visible on this screenshot.

You can see the pylons being missalignd to the splines. The spline model should run dead center through them, To do this the subdivision of the 3d model needs to be at the pylon location.

Depending on spline and model shape the amount of missalignment will vary. But tighter radii will have the most issues.

Currently developing:

• Janine

Hat das Thema geschlossen
  • Janine

Hat das Label Bestätigt hinzugefügt
  • Janine

Hat das Label MapEditor hinzugefügt