- Simulation: Change of the cycle camera feature in F1 view: With arrow up and arrow down you can now switch through the front and rear cockpit and you can reset the view. Additionally, you can no longer cycle through cameras of multiple cockpits at once, but remain in the chosen cockpit.
- Simulation: Further logfile entries for Gonzo
- ContentTool: "Independent sound" added - those sounds are loaded by their ContentID and are especially used for announcements.
- ContentTool: Function added to receive the number of routes of a dedicated line: function PIS_LineRouteCount(self: integer; line: integer): integer;
- ContentTool: The new function function PIS_GetStationCode(self: integer; stationmainlistindex: integer): integer; can be used to receive the station code, if the station index is known.
- Content - Diorama: Further stops added to add more fun with the routes
- Content - GT6N: Announcements added
- Content - GT6N: Engine sounds added to the B-car, as well
- Content - GT6N: An integer broadcast "GEN"/"MAINSWITCH" has been added and is used, when the reverser is switch from "0" into another position (0 = 0, 1 = I, V, R)
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: Inside displays did not show the first destination
- Simulation: Routes are now listed ingame, as well
- Simulation: PIS groups are now correctly pre-selected when you choose your map
- Simulation: Simulation does not start until the scenery has been loaded (until the end of the loading screen)
- Simulation: Vehicle length is now displayed during vehicle choice - only for vehicles that have been saved since April
- Simulation: Option Terrain Resolution is now on lowest setting per default to prevent graphic issues. If you encounter problems with the graphics memory, set down this option manually. You only need high terrain resolution when you drive on a map in high mountains.
- Simulation: Preparations for Multiplayer Betatest included
- ContentTool: Re-sorting of routes possible
- ContentTool: Script functions added for PIS:
- function PIS_GetRouteLine(self: integer; routeindex: integer): integer;
- function PIS_GetRouteCode(self: integer; routeindex: integer): integer;
- MapEditor: The middle line of reference lines, subgrades, splines and tracks can be exported from the MapEditor into an x3d file (e.g. as template for complex buildings)
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: Grabpoles and ticket validator in the A car are now correctly animated with the A car
- Content - GT6N: "Engine" sounds adjusted
- Content - GT6N: Articulation now correctly lighted from inside
- Content: Tools of Rolf updated (construction template)
- Content: Blind people's guidance track of Rolf added
This patch enables you to automatically toggle switches with senders at the vehicle and receivers in the ground, and to block the switching against other vehicles.
The new feature package will be explained in the lexicon today - for Map Creators and for Vehicle Scripters.
The actual gameplay can be explored on the new Diorama map.
- The choice of direction is done with the arrow keys on the IBIS (GT6N)
- A sensor in the ground is marked with a sign ("W") in the overhead line - if this point is crossed, the arrow on the IBIS must already have been pressed.
- The switch is only set if another road is not already blocking the setting of the switch.
- The use of the switch iron (G / Shift+G) DOES NOT cancel the route.
- A route is deleted by the train with the sensor driving over another "delete" beacon at the end of the route.
- Only then can a subsequent train set the points again electrically via a setting command on the IBIS.
The current range of functions represents the absolute basic structure of the whole complex. More functions, specialties and so on will follow! Your information is also welcome.
More patch notes:
- Simulator: We work a lot on the multiplayer!
- MapEditor: With a right click/context menu you can call the "Initialize" procedure (again) for objects with script.
- MapEditor: Illustration of the exclusion of a roadway
- Content - IBIS: When IBIS becomes active again after self-retaining, it sends destination, special characters and line again.
- Content: Yufa's container has been updated, information about the content can be found in his thread
Contrary to the former limited possibilities of switch and road control, this patch adds several new features:
- Until now a shutdown trigger had to be placed. This is no longer necessary, as the track occupancy can now be checked (however, a prerequisite is the renewed "import" of the tracks in the route settings). The advantage of the occupancy-check is that the route is only unlocked when the last part of the vehicle (no matter what it is) leaves the marked tracks. But shutdown triggers are still supported.
- If desired, routes can also be unlocked, if an associated switch is set and hence no longer fits the route.
- If desired, it is also possible to ensure that a route is automatically activated when the points are in the correct position and the track detection sections are used.
- Simulation: Further preparations for the multiplayer go into the beta test
Content: Diorama map and (current) traffic lights in OpenSource folder included for free editing
The LOTUS Birthday-of-EA Patch
Dear Ones, we are approaching the first birthday of Early Access. If we leaf back through the patches of the past year, a lot has happened. We can only thank our addon developers, beta testers, players and admirers a thousand and one times! Thanks for all the support, the encouragement, the error messages, the biting through and the numerous beautiful screenshots - we love our simulator and we won't stop improving it with and for you!
On the occasion of this birthday there is a huge update of the Munich addon that you shouldn't miss, traffic light requests in LOTUS and - finally - the start of the public beta test of the LOTUS multiplayer. Addon update and patch will be available today, with the multiplayer we start with a joint ride on this Sunday - the day after tomorrow! - right when the Early Access really has a birthday.
The following features await you with today's patch, version 1.EA.043:
- Simulation/MapEditor/ContentTool: "Simple" traffic light requests are now possible and can already be tested on the Diorama map!
- Simulator: Small Performance Improvement (FPS)
- Simulation: If you switch from the F4 view to the F1 or F2 view and then back again to the F4 view, LOTUS "remembers" the old F4 camera perspective (but not if the train crossed a tile boundary in between). - You may still need some adjustments!
- Simulation - Bugfix: TimeOfDay should not become negative after 23:57:10 now
- Simulation - Bugfix: Clickspots "move" in F2 view at longitudinal inclinations
- Simulation/ContentTool: Adjustable rolling drag (basic drag and curve drag). It can be adjusted in the "Object settings" at the bottom (two new parameters).
- MapEditor: Reduction of visibility possible for better performance
- MapEditor: Further performance optimizations
- MapEditor: Additional logfile entries for Zwergenschachspieler No 1 's bug
- MapEditor/ContentTool: Complex signals now possible - on the one hand those that light up under more complex conditions (e.g. W0) or that can display several terms (combined optics or several optics in one housing etc.)
- ContentTool: Four new script commands for reading the FIS routes:
* procedure PIS_GenerateTempRouteListByLine(self: integer; line: integer): integer; - Creates an internal temporary list of route indexes containing all routes belonging to the line "line
* procedure PIS_SortTempRouteList(self: integer); - Sorts the internal list by route code
* function PIS_GetTempRouteListCount(self: integer): integer; - Returns the number of internal list elements
* function PIS_GetTempRouteListItemIndex(self: integer; templistindex: integer): integer; - This can be used to output the route index at the "templistindex" position of the temporary route list.
- ContentTool: New sound property "Random start position if endless sound". This is active by default (this corresponds to the previous playback behavior). If it is switched off, the sound (if it is an endless sound) always starts at the beginning of the sample (if it was stopped before) or at the place where the sound was played before (if it was paused before, see below).
- ContentTool: If the control variable of a loop sound is assigned via script "-2", then it is not stopped (i.e. the sound position is reset to 0) but paused, so that it continues at the previous position when restarted.
- Content - Signals: There are various signal boards (St2, W14, stopping boards, speed signals) as well as a universal, white switch status display, which also supports any number of terms in one optic (to be configured as a complex signal) and an optic, with which all digits from 1 to 15 can be displayed (also to be configured as a complex signal). In addition, suspensions for the overhead line have been added.
- Content: W0 is prepared for complex signal logic
- Content - GT6N: The GT6N now has rolling and curve drag. The intensity has to be fine-tuned.
- Content - GT6N: Switching command is still sent over the full 100m even if a beacon has been passed in between
- Content - GT6N: The train now sends a message of the type "VEHICLE_ROLLING" to the on-board computer as soon as it starts rolling (value = 1) or stops (value = 0).
- Content - GT6N: Sends "SWITCH_SEND_ACTIVE" to IBIS, where Value = 0 means that the 100m the turnout signal has been sent have "expired" and Value = 1 means that the 100m have just started.
- Content - GT6N/IBIS: Sends the wagon number with "INITSTRING" to the IBIS, which transmits it as a string in case the IBIS is reset.
- Content - IBIS => Flipdot: Broadcast "PIS"/"OFFSTRING", which transmits a string that overwrites the normal line/destination representation on the matrix.
- Content - diorama FIS file: Line 444 added with Route 1, which represents the operational ride
- Simulation - Bugfix: "a_ground" should now work in all cars of the train - please test
- Simulation - Bugfix: Access violation after closing LOTUS removed
- Simulation - Bugfix: Hints of the Alt-menu repaired
1.EA.043b - Server restart necessary: 10:30 p.m. CEST
- Multiplayer: Games of game leaders that are offline are no longer listed in the Games list, as long as the leader is offline for more than 5 minutes
- Multiplayer: If a game can not be disbanded, because there are still players in the game, the players in the game are listed (please test!)
- Multiplayer: Logfile entries for GrunkenMeister
- Multiplayer - Bugfix: Exception on clicking the random entrypoints button (red dice) fixed
- Multiplayer - Bugfix: If a player is kicked out of the game (and hence the party), his name will be displayed correctly
- ContentTool:With the script command "SendMessageToTrigger(Self, 'SWITCH', 'toggle', 0);" a simple "Shift command" can be given to the triggers in range instead of a specific route command, which switches between the first two routes entered in the trigger. In this case, however, the route is NOT inserted, but ONLY the switches are set accordingly. However, no switches are set if an "enemy" route is still active.
- Content - GT6N: "MAINSWITCH" broadcast should work in multiplayer, as well (please test!)
1.EA.043c - Server restart necessary - 2:10 a.m. CEST
- Multiplayer: Chathelp cleaned up
- Multiplayer: Found company, invite to company, accept company invite, decline company invite, leave company (/cquit)
- Multiplayer: New logfile entries for GrunkenMeister
As promised, here comes the first big vegetation update for LOTUS.
Trees, bushes, shrubs, old and young, yellow and green, big and small. We wish you a lot of fun when you place them on your wonderful freeware maps!
and a lot more... 96 objects and splines await to be planted by you!
We are looking forward to your own screenshots!
Known bug: The preview images in the MapEditor are missing. Going to fix this!
1.EA.043d - Server restart at 5:15 p.m.!
- Multiplayer: /cinfo, /c (for the company chat), /m (for the company management chat) added
- Multiplayer: GrunkenMeister 's bug fixed - problems concerning the game date and hence the advancing to disposition
- Multiplayer: Descriptions for /chathelp added
1.EA.044 - Server restart at 4:00 p.m., LOTUS will be patched frist, the Tools are patched a little later
- Simulation - Multiplayer: In the extended company information, repaints can be attached. The feature is currently being tested. All repaints saved this way have to be available in the Workshop. Only the company CEO can add, rename and delete repaints. Every member of the company can see and download the repaints attached this way.
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Playernames are no longer visible in singleplayer, after being in a multiplayer game first.
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Being in a running multiplayer game and rejoining it after a disconnect should no longer lead to a crash
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Leaving a game now stops the simulation of the multiplayer game on your computer
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: /gdisband no longer gives false information in the chat
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Games that are in the setup for more than one hour will be set as private and hence no longer displayed in the games list
- MapEditor: Your own multiplayer map can now be uploaded for being played in the multiplayer. Therefore, upon packing the map container, the map needs to be uploaded to the server and the so-packed container has to be provided to all other players via the Workshop.
- MapEditor: Additional logfile entries for Zwergenschachspieler No 1 's Bug
- ContentTool: Additional logfile entries for the KT repaint
- Content: (given later) Vegetation now including preview images in the MapEditor
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Laggs in the game setup with big groups and many members fixed
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Disband company added (button in the management)
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Company message of the day added
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Company information added
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Create, rename and delete ranks
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Change rights of the ranks
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Promote and demote members
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Sorting of the company member list optimized
- Simulation - Multiplayer: Member notice public and management added
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Removing a person from the friend list posted the own name in the chat
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: /cquit (leaving the company) now refreshes the company GUI
- Simulation - Multiplayer - Bugfix: Deleting the last company repaint disables the buttons as it should
- Additional info: The script events InsertKey_Reverser, Reverser_R and Key_Reverser_L have been added to the standard. Please change your scripts accordingly!
Please note: No backups, no mercy. Execute backups BEFORE launching
- Simulation/ContentTool: Rear-view mirror with real-time reflection: switch on in the game via the graphics option "real-time reflections" (performance-relevant!)
- Simulation/ContentTool: The Complex* materials have a new parameter "Oblique view reduced. transp. and increases refl.". The background is that in reality the more oblique you look at a glass pane, for example, the less light is transmitted but more light is reflected. This parameter should be set for vehicle window panes, for example.
- Simulation/MapEditor/ContentTool: Uneven road surface for road vehicles, freely adjustable amplitude and "wavelength".
- Simulation - Bugfix: Error/crash during transmission of broadcasts across couplings
- Simulation: mouse coordinate variables should now also work in the modules
- Simulation: Additional logfile entries for map loading problems of Humanoidx3
- Simulation: Force feedback support
- Simulation: Streets module enabled
- MapEditor: Filter regarding the source (base content, payware addon, own object or certain workshop item) - feedback required!
- MapEditor: Additional logfile entries for Zwergenschachspieler No 1 's Bug
- ContentTool: Error messages without text fixed
- ContentTool: New parameter for ComplexNormal material: scaling of normal maps compared to their mapping
- ContentTool: Logfile entry in the TexChange-Tool for non-existent textures of the original object added - the TexChangeSet can still be created for this object (but of course omitting the faulty texture )
- ContentTool: There are three new procedures to control ForceFeedback:
- Strength of centring: procedure SetForceFeedbackCenterforce(axisID: string; coeficient, saturation, offset: single)
- Friction: procedure SetForceFeedbackFriction(axisID: string; coeficient: single)
- Vibration effect: procedure SetForceFeedbackVibration(axisID: string; magnitude, period: single)
- Content: The Berlin double-decker bus is included for you for the first time! Streets module required!
- Content: Krüger-Matrix now contains more variants for buses
- Content: LCD displays of Teneberus added
Language file changes:
- cont.objveh.importFromCorrDir ==> "You've tried to import from another directory. The x3d file has to lay in the same directory like the *.lob file."
- cont.objveh.importTexsMissing ==> "Textures are missing!"
Patch 051 will be released shortly. With this patch you will be able to verify online if you own the modules (Rails or Streets). The online verification is done once and remains valid for 7 days, then it will be done again. At the moment it is in test mode - so please send us feedback in time if something is not working for you, so that we can fix the problems.
- Content - DL: It is now possible to assign throttle and brake as single axes (and do not have to be set as "combined")
- Content - DL: Hints (help) for incorrect operation
- ContentTool: Tab "Road vehicles" added - it allows to define axles for your own road vehicles
- Simulation: Performance optimization when many multiplayer buses are in a game
- Simulation: splash screen at program start
- Simulation: Alternative camera control added: You can now also work with the right mouse button; then the following combinations apply:
* Right mouse button + Shift = Pan
* Right mouse button + Ctrl = move horizontally (F4 view only)
* Right mouse button + Shift + Ctrl = move vertically
* Right mouse button without anything = still secondary function of the control elements
- Simulation - Bugfix: Problems with initialization of other cars in the own train
- ContentTool: New building category "fire brigade"
- ContentTool: "InitReadyForMovement" now also works in the modules
- Content - DL: VEHICLE_ROLLING is now sent
- Content - DL: ATBUSSTOP informs the ticket printer that it appears to have stopped at a stop (in the case of the DL, the stop brake is used)
- Content - DL: Almex printer can now enter special characters - for this purpose, the special character code in "L/S/K mode" as the second character after the line.
- Content - GT6N: New viewing directions in the driver's compartment "left" and "diagonally left"
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: If you "touch" any controller (which does not affect the setpoint generator), the setpoint generator position was reset to 0.
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: Show error when displaying the topmost stop in the "total list"
- Content: Bus PIS of Steven updated
- Content: Objects of Yufa updated
- Simulation - LOTUS startup accelerated
- Simulation - FPS performance on complex maps improved
A small intermediate update before the real patch:
RW1HH from Hamburg-Addon sat down for a reason and contributed several masts for the base content of LOTUS. Thanks a lot, Rolf!
Edit from Valentine's day: Florian from the addon Düsseldorf 1981 put more content and also added masts for 3,5m track central distance. Many thanks to Flo!