- Simulation: Change of the cycle camera feature in F1 view: With arrow up and arrow down you can now switch through the front and rear cockpit and you can reset the view. Additionally, you can no longer cycle through cameras of multiple cockpits at once, but remain in the chosen cockpit.
- Simulation: Further logfile entries for Gonzo
- ContentTool: "Independent sound" added - those sounds are loaded by their ContentID and are especially used for announcements.
- ContentTool: Function added to receive the number of routes of a dedicated line: function PIS_LineRouteCount(self: integer; line: integer): integer;
- ContentTool: The new function function PIS_GetStationCode(self: integer; stationmainlistindex: integer): integer; can be used to receive the station code, if the station index is known.
- Content - Diorama: Further stops added to add more fun with the routes
- Content - GT6N: Announcements added
- Content - GT6N: Engine sounds added to the B-car, as well
- Content - GT6N: An integer broadcast "GEN"/"MAINSWITCH" has been added and is used, when the reverser is switch from "0" into another position (0 = 0, 1 = I, V, R)
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: Inside displays did not show the first destination
- Simulation: Routes are now listed ingame, as well
- Simulation: PIS groups are now correctly pre-selected when you choose your map
- Simulation: Simulation does not start until the scenery has been loaded (until the end of the loading screen)
- Simulation: Vehicle length is now displayed during vehicle choice - only for vehicles that have been saved since April
- Simulation: Option Terrain Resolution is now on lowest setting per default to prevent graphic issues. If you encounter problems with the graphics memory, set down this option manually. You only need high terrain resolution when you drive on a map in high mountains.
- Simulation: Preparations for Multiplayer Betatest included
- ContentTool: Re-sorting of routes possible
- ContentTool: Script functions added for PIS:
- function PIS_GetRouteLine(self: integer; routeindex: integer): integer;
- function PIS_GetRouteCode(self: integer; routeindex: integer): integer;
- MapEditor: The middle line of reference lines, subgrades, splines and tracks can be exported from the MapEditor into an x3d file (e.g. as template for complex buildings)
- Content - GT6N - Bugfix: Grabpoles and ticket validator in the A car are now correctly animated with the A car
- Content - GT6N: "Engine" sounds adjusted
- Content - GT6N: Articulation now correctly lighted from inside
- Content: Tools of Rolf updated (construction template)
- Content: Blind people's guidance track of Rolf added
This patch enables you to automatically toggle switches with senders at the vehicle and receivers in the ground, and to block the switching against other vehicles.
The new feature package will be explained in the lexicon today - for Map Creators and for Vehicle Scripters.
The actual gameplay can be explored on the new Diorama map.
- The choice of direction is done with the arrow keys on the IBIS (GT6N)
- A sensor in the ground is marked with a sign ("W") in the overhead line - if this point is crossed, the arrow on the IBIS must already have been pressed.
- The switch is only set if another road is not already blocking the setting of the switch.
- The use of the switch iron (G / Shift+G) DOES NOT cancel the route.
- A route is deleted by the train with the sensor driving over another "delete" beacon at the end of the route.
- Only then can a subsequent train set the points again electrically via a setting command on the IBIS.
The current range of functions represents the absolute basic structure of the whole complex. More functions, specialties and so on will follow! Your information is also welcome.
More patch notes:
- Simulator: We work a lot on the multiplayer!
- MapEditor: With a right click/context menu you can call the "Initialize" procedure (again) for objects with script.
- MapEditor: Illustration of the exclusion of a roadway
- Content - IBIS: When IBIS becomes active again after self-retaining, it sends destination, special characters and line again.
- Content: Yufa's container has been updated, information about the content can be found in his thread
Contrary to the former limited possibilities of switch and road control, this patch adds several new features:
- Until now a shutdown trigger had to be placed. This is no longer necessary, as the track occupancy can now be checked (however, a prerequisite is the renewed "import" of the tracks in the route settings). The advantage of the occupancy-check is that the route is only unlocked when the last part of the vehicle (no matter what it is) leaves the marked tracks. But shutdown triggers are still supported.
- If desired, routes can also be unlocked, if an associated switch is set and hence no longer fits the route.
- If desired, it is also possible to ensure that a route is automatically activated when the points are in the correct position and the track detection sections are used.
- Simulation: Further preparations for the multiplayer go into the beta test
Content: Diorama map and (current) traffic lights in OpenSource folder included for free editing
The LOTUS Birthday-of-EA Patch
Dear Ones, we are approaching the first birthday of Early Access. If we leaf back through the patches of the past year, a lot has happened. We can only thank our addon developers, beta testers, players and admirers a thousand and one times! Thanks for all the support, the encouragement, the error messages, the biting through and the numerous beautiful screenshots - we love our simulator and we won't stop improving it with and for you!
On the occasion of this birthday there is a huge update of the Munich addon that you shouldn't miss, traffic light requests in LOTUS and - finally - the start of the public beta test of the LOTUS multiplayer. Addon update and patch will be available today, with the multiplayer we start with a joint ride on this Sunday - the day after tomorrow! - right when the Early Access really has a birthday.
The following features await you with today's patch, version 1.EA.043:
- Simulation/MapEditor/ContentTool: "Simple" traffic light requests are now possible and can already be tested on the Diorama map!
- Simulator: Small Performance Improvement (FPS)
- Simulation: If you switch from the F4 view to the F1 or F2 view and then back again to the F4 view, LOTUS "remembers" the old F4 camera perspective (but not if the train crossed a tile boundary in between). - You may still need some adjustments!
- Simulation - Bugfix: TimeOfDay should not become negative after 23:57:10 now
- Simulation - Bugfix: Clickspots "move" in F2 view at longitudinal inclinations
- Simulation/ContentTool: Adjustable rolling drag (basic drag and curve drag). It can be adjusted in the "Object settings" at the bottom (two new parameters).
- MapEditor: Reduction of visibility possible for better performance
- MapEditor: Further performance optimizations
- MapEditor: Additional logfile entries for Tabley-Kun 's bug
- MapEditor/ContentTool: Complex signals now possible - on the one hand those that light up under more complex conditions (e.g. W0) or that can display several terms (combined optics or several optics in one housing etc.)
- ContentTool: Four new script commands for reading the FIS routes:
* procedure PIS_GenerateTempRouteListByLine(self: integer; line: integer): integer; - Creates an internal temporary list of route indexes containing all routes belonging to the line "line
* procedure PIS_SortTempRouteList(self: integer); - Sorts the internal list by route code
* function PIS_GetTempRouteListCount(self: integer): integer; - Returns the number of internal list elements
* function PIS_GetTempRouteListItemIndex(self: integer; templistindex: integer): integer; - This can be used to output the route index at the "templistindex" position of the temporary route list.
- ContentTool: New sound property "Random start position if endless sound". This is active by default (this corresponds to the previous playback behavior). If it is switched off, the sound (if it is an endless sound) always starts at the beginning of the sample (if it was stopped before) or at the place where the sound was played before (if it was paused before, see below).
- ContentTool: If the control variable of a loop sound is assigned via script "-2", then it is not stopped (i.e. the sound position is reset to 0) but paused, so that it continues at the previous position when restarted.
- Content - Signals: There are various signal boards (St2, W14, stopping boards, speed signals) as well as a universal, white switch status display, which also supports any number of terms in one optic (to be configured as a complex signal) and an optic, with which all digits from 1 to 15 can be displayed (also to be configured as a complex signal). In addition, suspensions for the overhead line have been added.
- Content: W0 is prepared for complex signal logic
- Content - GT6N: The GT6N now has rolling and curve drag. The intensity has to be fine-tuned.
- Content - GT6N: Switching command is still sent over the full 100m even if a beacon has been passed in between
- Content - GT6N: The train now sends a message of the type "VEHICLE_ROLLING" to the on-board computer as soon as it starts rolling (value = 1) or stops (value = 0).
- Content - GT6N: Sends "SWITCH_SEND_ACTIVE" to IBIS, where Value = 0 means that the 100m the turnout signal has been sent have "expired" and Value = 1 means that the 100m have just started.
- Content - GT6N/IBIS: Sends the wagon number with "INITSTRING" to the IBIS, which transmits it as a string in case the IBIS is reset.
- Content - IBIS => Flipdot: Broadcast "PIS"/"OFFSTRING", which transmits a string that overwrites the normal line/destination representation on the matrix.
- Content - diorama FIS file: Line 444 added with Route 1, which represents the operational ride
- Simulation - Bugfix: "a_ground" should now work in all cars of the train - please test
- Simulation - Bugfix: Access violation after closing LOTUS removed
- Simulation - Bugfix: Hints of the Alt-menu repaired