MapEditor bugs, and crash

• 1. Please describe as detailed as possible what you did and which problem that leads to.

The MapEditor throws up such error messages, and sometimes while loading crashes: (I haven't worked on this tile for a long time.)

When I want to save the map:

After in game:

It happened one day to the next, and I didn't edit anything. (Objects too.)

I haven't experienced anything like this before.

2. Please post your logfile and if possible attach your debug logfile, as well, which have been created during the problem occured.

logfile 14:38:45

logfile_editor 14:47:48

logfile 15:44:20

logfile editor 15:50:35

• A template is there to fill it COMPLETELY and not to delete it :rolleyes: So fill in point 3 of the template as well.

\|/⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀`\-------------(oo)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||w------||⠀⠀⠀⠀\|/

⠀⠀⠀\|/

• To be honest, it is good to have some data about your specs. The template should be filled out, because the error message says something about the RAM.

A key fact is that the Map Editor is not capable of creating a working map, so there is some error, probably made by the map creator, that is a threat to the Map Editor causing the issue.

Greets

• Yes, this can be formulated normally, not like the first one, so:

3. If it is a performance or another possibly hardware-related problem, please post your system information. Those are:

• OS and architecture (32/64bit) - Windows 10 64bit
    • Processor clock rate - 3.20Ghz
    • Processor cores - 4
    • RAM - 16,0 GB
    • Type of hard drive (HDD/SDD) - HDD
    • Desktop or Notebook? - Desktop
    • Name of your graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    • Graphics memory - 4096 MB
    • GPU clock rate - 1216 MHz
    • OpenGL version (see LOTUS logfile) - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 436.48

I do not agree with the latter statement. I've been building the map for over a year and I did everything in the same way as before. However, this has never happened before.

• To be honest, it is good to have some data about your specs. The template should be filled out, because the error message says something about the RAM.

A key fact is that the Map Editor is not capable of creating a working map, so there is some error, probably made by the map creator, that is a threat to the Map Editor causing the issue.

Greets

To be fair, that's not so informative.

Could you please at least give some tips for him what can cause this? 'Probably made by the map creator (...)' Yes, probably, though he claims he didn't change a thing in the last year. Even if we'd know it might be because of a spline, a subgrade, objects, track...etc error, he could start to look after some things. But that's just needle in the pile of hay.

• To be fair, that's not so informative.

Could you please at least give some tips for him what can cause this? 'Probably made by the map creator (...)' Yes, probably, though he claims he didn't change a thing in the last year. Even if we'd know it might be because of a spline, a subgrade, objects, track...etc error, he could start to look after some things. But that's just needle in the pile of hay.

To be fair the first post of this thread is not so informative either and I have no information to provide a simple solution. ?/ On the other hand we got the Map Editor, which is a very complex system, that struggles the most, when the user does something the editor doesn't like at all.

So let's conclude: The first screenshot has a warning, that a spline-like object will be deleted, followed by a message, written in a language I can't understand. The warning is mostly not critical, this just deletes the object. The next screenshot shows the files, where we can see 3 nearly impossible huge tiles. If I'm not entirely blind, these tiles are each above 200 MB and these values are insane. What is the content of these tiles? :omg:

The next screenshot shows an error message I haven't seen in a long time, same as the error messages in the other screenshots.

The logfiles, that are attached to the post, are not quite helpful and the, for this case very important, Debug-Logfiles are missing.

All in all it's not that easy to help in this case. One thing is, that huge files sizes unfold in the RAM a little bit, which could be causing the errors, but this is only a wild guess.9.9

Greets

• Now, that was more informative. I don't want to be rude or anything like that, sorry if I was, but that's (in my opinion) is at least a point we can start from.

BTW the second error message says: "A tile could not be loaded or is corrupted. Do you want to delete it?"

Maybe there's such a big error the map editor cannot even load it?

The reason for the huge file size is the fact that the used ties are high-poly models. They're about 1-120 polygon each, if I remember correctly. As far as I know this can end up to make the files very big (as I saw previously). It was even planned to change those models but I'm afraid gcs7e7 won't be ably if the map editor doesn't want it too.

Do you know, is there any size limit that the map editor doesn't really likes to load a tile file above?

Also, what thing can he do if the map editor doesn't open those tiles? Delete the tile files and rebuild the content of it, or nothing?

• Now, that was more informative. I don't want to be rude or anything like that, sorry if I was, but that's (in my opinion) is at least a point we can start from.

Honestly support is not an easy task and especially the errors concerning the Map Editor can't be answered with a standard sentence. So we have to rely on the data given us by the users. So we decided to create a template for support threads to get this data. When this template is not filled in correctly we probably can't help you. This is the fact, why we were pointing towards the template in the first place.

BTW the second error message says: "A tile could not be loaded or is corrupted. Do you want to delete it?"

Maybe there's such a big error the map editor cannot even load it?

Ok, the error message is a big part in the puzzle. Basically if you get this error message, you need the files from a back up. The Map Editor is capable of cleaning the map and get a consistent data basis. When this fails, the tile has to be removed permanently. You only can replace it with the same file, but in an older version.

Do you know, is there any size limit that the map editor doesn't really likes to load a tile file above?

There shouldn't be a reachable file size. The effects of having high size tiles affect the performance and the loading times when changing the tile in the simulation. The editor should also have a worse performance, but I don't think 200 MB are enough to crash the editor. A key fact is, that the tiles nearby are also very big. Maybe this changes the equation.

To get in touch with some numbers, I had high sized tiles in my map Duesseldorf as well. The biggest tile had like 130 MB. On a medium PC with like 4 or 8 GB RAM, the map had performance issues. Janine has an old laptop to also check such oncomming performance issues, you'll find the specs somewhere in the lexicon/writings about minimum PC specs. I decreased the size of this tile by 50 % simply by optimizing all splines and rails.

Another effect we recognized were the loading times for the tiles when not stopping at tram stops. I've reworked the ties to get a better performance and smaller loading times in the editor and in the simulation.

A normal tile should not hit the 50 MB mark at all.

Also, what thing can he do if the map editor doesn't open those tiles? Delete the tile files and rebuild the content of it, or nothing?

The file contains the terrain. If you delete the file, the terrain is gone and all information about it too. If this happens, you are basically screwed. Because of simulating the globe and its round shape, every file is unique and can't be replaced by an other tile file.

Greets

• ...Debug-Logfiles are missing.

So where do I find these? I attached the related files from the Logs folder.

I found a debug.log file in the Tools folder but it was created on 2018. 12. 25. 13:28.

Add -debuglog to the start parameters of the map editor in Steam, then you can find the Debug-Logfile in your logs folder (logfile_editor.ldl) :

https://www.lotus-simulator.de…?entry/129-debug-logfile/

\|/⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀`\-------------(oo)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||w------||⠀⠀⠀⠀\|/

⠀⠀⠀\|/

• Hey :)

Please attach your corresponding working directory and required objects, we will have a look.

Hi!

I have attached the requested items.

I couldn't use the :pack: button, because the error messages come right after startup. I hope nothing is missing.:)

https://mega.nz/#!6I0GgYjL!Lse…3wZNr6M5w9J3yu20uniKR2i94

Other items:

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=1696552832

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=1518039342

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=1518967033

Please let me know if you downloaded, then I would like to delete it from the cloud.

• I've tried now to download your map, but I cannot download it without installing the MEGA Desktop App. Please use upload plattforms without such constraints. :(

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav