Volvo 8900(LE)

• Volvo 8900(LE)

[ENG]

[DEU]

• Looks good, I am looking forward to drive it. :thumbsup:

We have some of them in southern part of Sweden to.

• And... some new pictures again:) We have worked on the middle doors of the bus, adjusted the seating of the Luleå-Version, added the fantastic yellow handles and implemented the validator to the bus.

• It's good to see some ambitious new creators, but I hope you can also see that in its current state, this model has a lot of errors in it.

First of all the ugly "puffs" all over the mesh (exterior panels, interior between windows) indicate faulty smoothing settings and/or bad triangulation. You should always aim for quads, so that you have better control over the geometry, and the converter can triangulate your mesh error free. If you're not aware of these technical terms, look them up and learn to create clean models first, before putting a whole bus together.

You should also consider building the main parts step-by-step, meaning completely finishing the exterior first, then moving on to the interior etc. Building the interior on top of a faulty or even disproportionate exterior just induces even more problems, and more parts to remodel later on.

One more tip is to go out to the real thing, take a ton of photos and measure everything you can. There is no need to rush, I'm pretty sure the LOTUS Bus module will not release like tomorrow, so take your time and go for quality.

Now this all may sound like it's coming from a hater, but I mean this as some genuine critique. Best of luck with continuing the project!

(PS: Please, don't use that 1000 years old dashboard from the Polish 7700, it's out of propotion and lacks detail. LOTUS players deserve to get something more polished (no pun intended), after all these years.)

• First of all the ugly "puffs" all over the mesh (exterior panels, interior between windows) indicate faulty smoothing settings and/or bad triangulation. You should always aim for quads, so that you have better control over the geometry, and the converter can triangulate your mesh error free. If you're not aware of these technical terms, look them up and learn to create clean models first, before putting a whole bus together.

Well, the import into LOTUS is right now very early, so to be honest, I haven't just taken the time yet to make that correct. But I am completely aware of that and of course, it will not stay as that.

You should also consider building the main parts step-by-step, meaning completely finishing the exterior first, then moving on to the interior etc. Building the interior on top of a faulty or even disproportionate exterior just induces even more problems, and more parts to remodel later on.

The reason why I do so is because it in the end works better for me to work like that. That is something that I wouldnt say has to bes ruled strictly and sometimes, I just only have the motivation to work on one thing, for example the interior.

One more tip is to go out to the real thing, take a ton of photos and measure everything you can. There is no need to rush, I'm pretty sure the LOTUS Bus module will not release like tomorrow, so take your time and go for quality.

That is something that specially volvorider does very good. We have a lot of pictures after which we work, so thats not a problem:)