Hello, I'm Frank, from near Barcelona, Spain.
First, a big thank you to the developers of the simulator to letting us try LOTUS now in an Early Access stage instead of waiting for the official release. I remember waiting impatiently for the release of OMSI 2 back in 2013. This is a fantastic oportunity to let third party developers and advanced users where they know OMSI very well to tell what we think, what features are fantastic, and what things we think they need to improve. I remember when I saw a little banner on the OMSI webdisk with the words LOTUS and I didn't know what was going on, now I know, then I watched a Routeres video with a little demo of the Diorama map and I got convinced I have to get it...
Things I like.
- You can change the typeface of the GUI. I like it so much, because I'm pretty tired of DIN, it's like Helvetica, you see it everywhere. Whatever typeface you like. You can even change it to Comic Sans to give it a Sims 1 look . Only just need to change the colour of the GUI and that's awesome.
- The GUI I feel it pretty integrated and complete (obviously considering it has still things to implement).
- The pure realism feature, where you decide if you want the tram already engaged or not. That's nice.
- Other thing I like of the GUI, the hints at lower right side of the buttons and levers of the cab.
- In general, the GT 6 tram is lovely.
Things I think need improvement.
- It seems it does not like Intel Graphics, so if you don't have nvidia or AMD graphic cards, you can't play.
- The game freezes when I go to preferences in-game.
- How do I move on the free camera view? The right-click as you did in OMSI it's not the same. I only can pan around with the middle button. I discovered that you have to press control or shift to move when you don't have central button, but if you have?
- The way you write values in the options, like the max fps, it's a little difficult.
- I don't understand what does the big central button that says "configure your appearance in the simulator".
So, as I said, it does not like computers where you only have Intel Graphics. Luckily I have a laptop from 2007 with an nvidia graphics and i5. In minimum settings and in night time it goes inusually well. In day, it's worse. I'm searching for a graphics card as the companion of my i7 computer. Everybody says, hey Frank, get the 1060! I want a graphics card that goes well with the "Don't " settings... Could we make a thread for the perfect machine for the "don't" setting?
Also I want to say three things, before I forget them.
I had a project for a real map in OMSI. As LOTUS is the future, I prefer focusing my attention in this. I need to see how do you enter in the other edit modes of the simulator. Also, as this is not limited to buses, I can think about expanding my thoughts of the project.
Finally, there's one map that would be fantastic if it's ported to LOTUS, I'm referring to the Trainz Addon called "Classic Cabon City", in the ProTrainPerfect version I think it was called "Grosse Stadt" or something like that.