This seems fantastic.

• Hello, I'm Frank, from near Barcelona, Spain.

First, a big thank you to the developers of the simulator to letting us try LOTUS now in an Early Access stage instead of waiting for the official release. I remember waiting impatiently for the release of OMSI 2 back in 2013. This is a fantastic oportunity to let third party developers and advanced users where they know OMSI very well to tell what we think, what features are fantastic, and what things we think they need to improve. I remember when I saw a little banner on the OMSI webdisk with the words LOTUS and I didn't know what was going on, now I know, then I watched a Routeres video with a little demo of the Diorama map and I got convinced I have to get it...

Things I like.

• You can change the typeface of the GUI. I like it so much, because I'm pretty tired of DIN, it's like Helvetica, you see it everywhere. Whatever typeface you like. You can even change it to Comic Sans to give it a Sims 1 look ^^. Only just need to change the colour of the GUI and that's awesome.
    • The GUI I feel it pretty integrated and complete (obviously considering it has still things to implement).
    • The pure realism feature, where you decide if you want the tram already engaged or not. That's nice.
    • Other thing I like of the GUI, the hints at lower right side of the buttons and levers of the cab.
    • In general, the GT 6 tram is lovely.

Things I think need improvement.

• It seems it does not like Intel Graphics, so if you don't have nvidia or AMD graphic cards, you can't play.
    • The game freezes when I go to preferences in-game.
    • How do I move on the free camera view? The right-click as you did in OMSI it's not the same. I only can pan around with the middle button. I discovered that you have to press control or shift to move when you don't have central button, but if you have?
    • The way you write values in the options, like the max fps, it's a little difficult.
    • I don't understand what does the big central button that says "configure your appearance in the simulator".

So, as I said, it does not like computers where you only have Intel Graphics. Luckily I have a laptop from 2007 with an nvidia graphics and i5. In minimum settings and in night time it goes inusually well. In day, it's worse. I'm searching for a graphics card as the companion of my i7 computer. Everybody says, hey Frank, get the 1060! I want a graphics card that goes well with the "Don't ;-) " settings... Could we make a thread for the perfect machine for the "don't" setting?

Also I want to say three things, before I forget them.

I had a project for a real map in OMSI. As LOTUS is the future, I prefer focusing my attention in this. I need to see how do you enter in the other edit modes of the simulator. Also, as this is not limited to buses, I can think about expanding my thoughts of the project.

Finally, there's one map that would be fantastic if it's ported to LOTUS, I'm referring to the Trainz Addon called "Classic Cabon City", in the ProTrainPerfect version I think it was called "Grosse Stadt" or something like that.

Thank you.

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

:U: Metro de Barcelona Línia 1 (eingestellt)

• Thank you for this honest yet appreciating feedback once in a while! :)

Zitat

It seems it does not like Intel Graphics

That's right. We are planning to address that bug after leaving the EA.

Zitat

The game freezes when I go to preferences in-game.

We are indeed working on a bug fix that may solve this issue as well. We will see (and hope).

Zitat

How do I move on the free camera view?

Sometimes I am not able to recite hot keys that I use a thousand times a day out of my head. But I guess it was middle mouse button with modifiers (Shift? Control?).

Zitat

The way you write values in the options, like the max fps, it's a little difficult.

Which kind of difficult?

Zitat

I don't understand what does the big central button that says "configure your appearance in the simulator".

You will (!) be able to configure your character as it appears in the simulation. May be interesting for self-screenshots and of course the multiplayer, since other players will see your config as well.

Glad to hear you are doing well for the rest.

Regards

Janine

• Zitat von Janine

Which kind of difficult?

When in the preferences you want to write a value instead of using the regulator, if there's a setting whose minimum value is, say, 50, if you want to write 200, as 2 is less than five it returns to the minimum value, so it's difficult.

Also, tabs and returns don't work yet... :P

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

• Also, I miss a resolution preference. I witnessed myself that lowering the resolution improves performance, so, why not doing this in-game? Games like Tower Unite have this and it's really handy.

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav