Ability to test vehicle directly from Content-Tool

• Hello! :)

What i have learned during this time of trying to develop vehicle(s) for LOTUS, is how time-consuming it is. This shows especially when getting into fine-tuning later on. (Lights, small changes in scripts etc. etc.)

I have tried asking if it would be possible to run both Content-Tool and the Simulator at the same time, saving time from the constant opening & closing of the programs when checking out minuscule changes. The answer i got to that, however, was a resounding "No".

I do understand the possible obstacles of running them both at the same time, so i thought of an alternative way to speed up development.

Please let us start up a quick instance of LOTUS with fewer features, directly from Content-Tool. It would do what the Save & Pack option does already, but also close the Content-Tool and open up a LOTUS instance without further user input.

It could only be the Diorama-map, and you could only select spawn point & time/date. Also script debug-values could be shown by default. Exiting the quick instance would take you back to the project you opened the instance from.

This would save a lot of time & clicking around. I counted it takes ~1min to go from Content-Tool into the Simulator itself with vehicle loaded up, and around 20-25 seconds to go back into Content-Tool and continue where you left off.

I made a little mock-up how it could look like in the menus. It could also be an additional button in the bottom-right corner.

Could this be doable in the future? Tell me what you think :)

• Hi!

First of all: Do you know the script testing function? Although you do not have driving physics in there and no sounds (perhaps we will add them later), you can test quite a lot things here already! :-)

• Hi!

First of all: Do you know the script testing function?

Hey!

Yes i do know of it, however like you said it does lack driving physics & sounds. (It will be a really welcome addition if you end up adding them!)

I do hope you will add the possibility to preview dynamic interior lights in the CT as well.

If all of these features end up added into the Content-Tool, then i can do pretty much everything in it and do less of this "going back and forth" with the programs. :)

• Hi!

First of all: Do you know the script testing function? Although you do not have driving physics in there and no sounds (perhaps we will add them later), you can test quite a lot things here already! :-)

BTW what about adding the hotkeys in the main game at the script information? I mean if you open the script info ingame (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E), you can test some features, but you can only control the vehicles via the buttons at the bottom. It's pretty inconvenient sometimes (especially with fast changing things). It would be nice if the keyboard hotkeys would work then too.

• If all of these features end up added into the Content-Tool, then i can do pretty much everything in it and do less of this "going back and forth" with the programs.

OK, then that will be the key target for me! ;-)

I mean if you open the script info ingame (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E), you can test some features, but you can only control the vehicles via the buttons at the bottom.

If the LOTUS main window gets back the focus, the hotkeys should work again, don't they?

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav