[Solved] How can I imagine the vehicle design in the Content tool? [EN]

• Hello,

I am David, and I strated to convert a bus into LOTUS, but I'm still a beginner, so i have two questions.

My first question is, How can I imagine the vehicle design and development in the Content tool? The ContentTool is simmilar to blender, in the world of LOTUS simulator?

So i converted the modells to x3d, and after that, i imported them into the CT. My main question is the next, can I create the entire bus in the Content Tool as one project?

If i do that, finally i will get one lct file. Is this the right way of develop a bus, or tram in the game?

My second question is not really a question, but rather a request. What is the sollution of this problem? If i want to save (or simply export) my work in the CT, i get this message (picture below).

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • My first question is, How can I imagine the vehicle design and development in the Content tool? The ContentTool is simmilar to blender, in the world of LOTUS simulator?

Not really. You can not model the meshs here, but you can make light bulbs, animations or axles, for example.

So i converted the modells to x3d, and after that, i imported them into the CT. My main question is the next, can I create the entire bus in the Content Tool as one project?

Yes, that's the way how it's done. :)

If i do that, finally i will get one lct file. Is this the right way of develop a bus, or tram in the game?

Yes, it is. If you'll make sounds at sometime, that will be in a seperate container (.ltx, I think).

My second question is not really a question, but rather a request. What is the sollution of this problem? If i want to save (or simply export) my work in the CT, i get this message (picture below).

That isn't an important message, your file will be still saved. You can fix that by going over the objects shown in the message and pressing W -> "Remove Doubles" in Edit Mode.

• Thank you very much! The Double faces issue is fixed successfully, but i still see this message. What is the problem in this case? :)

• ddrucsko

Hat den Titel des Themas von „How can I imagine the vehicle design in the Content tool? [EN]“ zu „[Solved] How can I imagine the vehicle design in the Content tool? [EN]“ geändert.
  • Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav