Selective door exit (like Karlsruhe S-Bahn)

• Hello, I was watching the Karlsruhe S-Bahn and I observed that some stops you can only exit by the first and second door of the front car. Will that feature be included in LOTUS? Or passengers will try entering the train outside the platform? :'D

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

:U: Metro de Barcelona Línia 1 (eingestellt)

• I think that this will have to be sorted out by the creators of both the map and the rolling stock. E.g. in most vehicles selective door operation is simply not possible in real life. And where it is, it has to be implemented by the creator of the vehicle.

However, I think for the solution to the passenger problem you raise, we will have to be patient, as more pressing features, such as passengers themselves are yet to be implemented. As the passenger AI evolves and gets implemented, I think that we can expect those more complex "maneuvres", such as boarding the right car to be able to exit again, will also be implemented in the long run. I base that assumption on the fact that coupling and decoupling are essential for some tram networks and many railway networks, and passengers hence have to be able to board the correct part of the train.

But until the passengers are implemented, I think that it is not very sensible to discuss this topic, as LOTUS isn't that far, yet.

• I wanted to discuss that because, you know, concerns one thinks of. You are right, LOTUS isn't that far but I feel like the development of this simulator is going so fast, but are feelings I have personally, mainly because I visit this forum not so often and as I can't play the game yet properly I don't have a constant contact.

Probably if the game is programmed in a way to be the most modular possible I think it could be the only way to easily implement these kind of things with few lines of code scripts or so.

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

:U: Metro de Barcelona Línia 1 (eingestellt)

• E.g. in most vehicles selective door operation is simply not possible in real life.

Just in nearly every bus out there - at least at the first two doors. ;) And most of the trams for Lotus available do have selective door operation for the first door. If that works - it works with 5 doors too.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav