Feature-wish: import data from qGIS to Map Editor

• I have a proposed functionality for Map Editor, which would consist in the possibility of importing data created in GIS programs, e.g. in free QGIS. In QGIS, you can easily process various source data, e.g. load maps and WMS orthophotos, digitize old maps and diagrams, etc. You can draw lines defining the course of tracks, locations of buildings, etc. Then, it would be enough to export a layer created in this way, eg as a * .csv file and load it into Map Editor. It is enough for the editor to be able to create help lines based on this data, thanks to which it would be easier to build the right objects, such as tracks. I don't think it would be difficult to implement and it would help a lot in creating maps.

• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • I think you can partly already do that if you can export to WMTS tiles using the GIS software.

Afaik, lotus will be able to read those from your HDD liek ti reads them from a real wmts server.

Currently developing:

:flag_net: - RVV1990 - 40%

:flag_net: - RVV1966 Addon - 0%

• How to do that? Will the map be correctly aligned to map coordinates?
    I would like also import to Map Editor aerial map from local geoportal, but I don't know what url use. WMS url is http://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis/…2018/MapServer/WMSServer? or WMTS: http://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis/rest/services/ogc/OGC_ortofoto_2018/MapServer/WMTS which I load perfectly in GIS program, but I don't know how tu use it in Map Editor. Is it enough to paste those urls to Map Editor?

• I partially get what I wanted, but I'm not completely satisfied yet. In QGIS I exported a map containing an orthophotomap of Wrocław WMTS and a vector layer with drawn red lines, using the geoprocessing tool "generate XYZ tiles". Here are examples of result tiles, zoom level 18 and 20:

Then, in the LOTUS Map Editor settings, I set the link to the folder on the disk with the generated map "C:/(...)/mapa/~z/~x/~y.png". The editor loaded it correctly and it matched the default map from Openstreetmap, so the projection was fine.
    Unfortunately, it turned out that Map Editor loaded only one zoom level, which is insufficient for me. The drawn lines are still relatively visible, but the orthophotomap is too blurry to be able to build tracks from it. Here is example of the same place as above in a similar zoom level in Map Editor:

Is there any way to load higher quality maps?

• Vague. How the the .jpg/png files you exported look when you open them in an image viewer? Also blurry, if so i think your export setting sin qgis are not quite right. Else it's a lotus thing.

Did you clear the cached ortho images from lotus so it "downloads" a fresh set into the editor.

I think its the .dat files and a temp.png/jpg here: \steamapps\common\LOTUS-Simulator\Cache\

Anyway did you already got it working direct from their WMTS server, does it go better resolution?

Eg: https://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis…Server/tile/9/32015/41004

https://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis…ver/tile/12/256126/328036

Code
    1. https://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis/rest/services/ogc/OGC_ortofoto_2018/MapServer/tile/~z/~x/~y

Do not put a .jpg or .png behind the url and set it to Jpeg in lotus map editor setting.

Source data is max Z 12. so exporting Qgis anything over that is useless. I think lotus saves 256px so bigger is also useless.

Currently developing:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jor[D]1 ()

• I set this link to WMTS server in LOTUS, using WMS/JPEG option.

Code
    1. https://gis1.um.wroc.pl/arcgis/rest/services/ogc/OGC_ortofoto_2018/MapServer/tile/~z/~x/~y

It doesn't work - I have got only "still loading..." image. I hear that the CPU cooler works louder and there are a lot of files in cache, but after several minutes still no results on the screen.

I clean the cache every time.

Only direct links from post above are displayed, but their scale is inaccurate.

I suspect the problem may be in the projection. In QGIS when I add WMTS layer, it is "ETRS89 / Poland CS2000 zone 6 EPSG:2177". Its not compatible with LOTUS (found in other topics), so in the general settings of the project I set "WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator EPSG:3857". QGIS transforms the projection on the fly, so I can export it and open in the LOTUS Editor. It makes little blurry, but it doesn't matter on the higher zoom. You can see in my previous post, that rails on the second image are visible.

But LOTUS unfortunately uses only the lower zoom map, so it's to much blurry to work with it.

If its not possible to force the lotus to download the map in a closer zoom, my idea from first post is to add the ability to import vector maps created e.g. in QGIS as auxiliary lines.

Source data is max Z 12.

What this Z value mean? I exported WMS map from QGIS with zoom 12 and the result is only this tile. The little red dot in the left-down corner is the tram depot from 2 tiles from my previous post. Only exported tiles with zoom above 18 are usable.

• Lotus only uses UTM project for WMS stuff. WMTS will be EPSG:3857 for lotus afaik.

Just checked the link again, and it's using a polish EPSG:2177 projection, so that explains why the link won't do it.

Using Qgis and it's xyz export seems to be the only way for now, allthough the tile resolution and max zoom level don't allow anything near the nice sharpness of vector lines. You could try setting xyz export to a tile resolution of 512 (or 1024?) and use "high resoltion center tile" setting in lotus? I think lotus samples it always down to 256 otherwise?

WFS support would be cool too.

What this Z value mean? I exported WMS map from QGIS with zoom 12 and the result is only this tile. The little red dot in the left-down corner is the tram depot from 2 tiles from my previous post. Only exported tiles with zoom above 18 are usable.

For WMTS it runs form z 0 which is a single tile of complete world to z 25 i think. From what I think lotus doesn't go beyond Z 16, which should be sufficient normally.

What Z value other projections use I don't know, polish z12 is clearly way different to z12 in lotus/epsg:3857.

Currently developing:

• I created my own local WMTS server using QGIS, XAMPP and QGIS SERVER (here are instructions https://thangqd.github.io/blog/qgis-server) and then I connected to it in Map Editor. In QGIS project I uploaded a fragment of an old air picture, scan of original tram depot scheme (from 1900 year) and a vector layer with some tram layouts (red line). In QGIS it looks like this:

In Map Editor it looks more blurry, but It works:

Of course QGIS is serving clear tiles in higher resolution, but Map Editor doesn't use them. Maybe "High resolution centre tile" option will be helpful, but when I choose it, Instead of the centre tile, only the picture "Still Loading" is displayed.

Are there any plans to improve WMTS in Lotus Map Editor?
    It would be nice if it would be easy to refresh the aerial map without manually cleaning cache (immediately after modifying the map in QGIS), loading only maps on the fly for the current view and support for higher resolutions (depending on the current zoom).
    I think that the use of QGIS in conjunction with map Editor will allow for easier work on the scenery, you can then in the map Editor have any maps and schemes, which will be especially useful when creating historical maps.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav