MAN NG style bus?

• i built a simulator rig for omsi 2, using real parts from a MAN NG 272, to make a berlin style bus.

i am looking into lotus, and wondering if there are any of the 1990's style VOV dashboard buses available? i'd really love to drive the NG 272 in lotus, as i can't easily change my real dashboard, so don't really want to drive the modern buses.

• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • Currently in development: Mercedes-Benz O405

I am not aware of more Standard-2 buses in development, but I might be corrected.

At the very bottom of our priority list, Marcel may overcome the urge to create the OMSI and OMSI 2 buses for LOTUS again.

• Thankyou :)

That O405 looks nice, did they do a bendy bus (articulated) version, or was that just man buses?

I really hope the omsi buses can be re-created, i love the MAN NG 272, so bought the parts to replicate the driving cab, i even copied the berlin ticket printer from the omsi bus, by making the buttons myself on a laser cutter :)

• That O405 looks nice, did they do a bendy bus (articulated) version, or was that just man buses?

Development of the MB O 405 began not so long ago. Posted by tramkatze.

Here's what he wrote about his articulated bus project:

Ich behalte mir vor, später auch noch andere Versionen, wie den G, N, N2, GN oder GN2 zu bauen ^^ (und nein das ist keine Ankündigung).

TRANLATE:

I reserve the right to build other versions later, like the G, N, N2, GN or GN2 ^^ (and no, that's not an announcement).

So we just have to wait ;)

And I agree with you about the MAN NG 272. I like it too. This is a great time-tested bus. I would be glad if he also appears in the future :busleft: :lotus:

• did they do a bendy bus (articulated) version, or was that just man buses?

Yep, they did. I'm actually thinking about building it, but I'll rather complete my other stuff instead of beginning something new again ;) so it'll take a while...

I really hope the omsi buses can be re-created, i love the MAN NG 272, so bought the parts to replicate the driving cab, i even copied the berlin ticket printer from the omsi bus, by making the buttons myself on a laser cutter :)

Well, now I'm a little jealous :D very nice dashboard and ticket printer you've got there!

NG 272 is also something I would love to build... wonderful bus :love:

I think I've got too many project ideas...

• :omg: ooh that sounds good,

i love the 1980's - 1990's german buses as i lived in germany from 1983 to 1990, so i get to relive my childhood with omsi, and now Lotus hopefully.

i will create a thread in the showroom with my drivers workplace.... and describe how i built it (i am totally rebuilding it, starting with a new base of the correct shape, and a steel frame to hold the dashboard, ticket printer and drivers cab door etc,

I will also be re making the electronics boards, so will show that when i do it, and i will publish the PCB files, as well as explain the force feedback steering system that will hopefully give the true 6 and a half turns lock to lock.

As Pulle wrote the amazing Komsi plugin for omsi, and is writing the LOTUS version, i imagine they will all work similarly, and of course the wiring of the dashboard and arduino's will be the same.

I am also going to make some new videos in english about omsi and the komsi plugin, as there are some people on english forums struggling understanding the many German videos on the subject,

Most of them want to stay with omsi, as it's got so many english right hand drive maps and buses, but maybe they can be tempted over to LOTUS when they see that it's going to be much better than omsi.

And then as i move over to LOTUS, my video's will change to showing all LOTUS based content, and hopefully encourage other english bus fans to try LOTUS.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav