Extremely bad performance

• Hi all. I tested out the humans just after the update, and everything was fine. But one or two weeks later, when I updated all the drivers and subscribed to Werheim, the performance fell, and since then, I have 10-15 FPS in the main menu and in-game as well, no matter the graphics. Now I reinstalled the game and unsubscribed from everything in the workshop, so I have the two modules and Düsseldorf in the game. I know that LOTUS is still EA, but this is quite annoying, as I can't play at all, and can't test my map I'm working on.

My PC:
    System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    CPU: Intel i7-2600 3.4Ghz, 4 cores
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, 1290 Mhz
    It's a desktop and LOTUS runs on an HDD.

I joined my current options, before it was on balanced, and the logfile.

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

logfile.txt LOTUSoptions.txt

• Options seem to be ok, tbh they are lower than I would have recommended.

Please place a standard GT6N on Diorama, Buchenstr. Gl. 1. Wait until humans are visible and textured, mostly the loading is complete afterwards. Stay in place, F1 view.

Then, open the performance measurement window using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W. If you use multiple monitors, please move the measurement window to another screen. Then, press "Main On/Off", let the drawing process reach the end of the window, hit "Main On/Off" again and send me screenshots of the resulting graphs, including the stats on the left side.

Thanks!

• Thanks!

Please repeat the preparations.

Switch on "Main On/Off" and check ONE of the following marked check boxes in the same window:

Only activate one of them at a time. Let the drawing complete, switch "Main On/Off" off, make a screenshot.

Then, remove the check, turn on the measurement, check one of the other four boxes, turn off the measurement, make a screenshot.

In the end, I will need a total of 4 screenshots, each of it with another checkbox checked. Hopefully you could unterstand ^^°

• Hmm. At last, please activate the checkboxes again, this time all three at once:

and

1.) Attach a screenshot again

2.) Tell me what you see ingame

Thank you for your patience!!

• There is something about your graphics card. I will guide you through my analysis, but for further digging, some knowledge is needed, that I do not possess. Maybe anyone else has got an idea.

First, Steven checked that your driver is up to date. So this shouldn't be the point.

The first measurement shows that the main time of one frame in the simulation is needed for "Render World". This is why I asked you to switch off the typical processes that belong to that entry. Those were the three processes on the right. Each one of them and all together switched off result in a high value in "Waiting for GPU".

Simplified, this is the time the graphics card needs to process the data that it recently got from the simulation. This process takes a lot of time, which is untypical. I can not guarantee that this behaviour is in no ways caused by LOTUS, but it is quite unlikely. So here is the point where the digging should continue: Outside of LOTUS. Maybe some benchmarking or analysis program?

• Here is the result of the benchmark program, I don't know if it helps a lot, I'm not used to benchmarking and these programs. ^^° The performance problem started when I opened Lotus after the driver update (version 451.30).

• A short internal discussion resulted in the following recommendation: Please wait for and install the next update of your graphics driver. Afterwards, everything normally should be fine. If you experience no improvement, you should consider installing the last properly working version of the driver. But since this is not recommended at all, you should give at least one upcoming driver update a try.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav