Which software to create signs?

• For the model itself, you'd use a 3D Modelling program, like Blender, or 3DS Max. Textures could be artificially created, or you could use phototextures, which give them a more authentic feel.

• For the model itself, you'd use a 3D Modelling program, like Blender, or 3DS Max. Textures could be artificially created, or you could use phototextures, which give them a more authentic feel.

You think is it possible with SolidWorks you think ? :O

• You think is it possible with SolidWorks you think ? :O

As long as you can get it to .x3d format in the end, yes. Seems like from solidworks you could export as OBJ, import to blender, then export to x3d from blender, though I didn't do much research to what formats solidworks can export as

• You think is it possible with SolidWorks you think ? :O

As long as you can get it to .x3d format in the end, yes. Seems like from solidworks you could export as OBJ, import to blender, then export to x3d from blender, though I didn't do much research to what formats solidworks can export as

Ok, I’ll try at this evening, and I’ll confirm you :)

Once I exported Solidworks to .stl I believe. Belive me when I say it's not worth it, as CAD programs work differently than those you need for game assets.

So, I should learn Blender? :)

• SolidWorks is a total disaster! Do not try this at home! ;) I know this program in parts - I really cannot recommend it!

• Both are time-consuming to learn - there is no difference between. But Blender is much more stable, well proved and free to use. ;)

• There are a lot of tutorials for Blender and it's free, so if you are new to modeling i suggest you learn it :)

Indeed, I'm new, but I've learned SolidWorks before, so, It should be more easy. :)

If you try to convert CAD formats to games, you will end up with too much polygons and unoptimized models.

Solidworks is a CAD tool, Blender is a mesh modeling software, the two look similar, but they're very different and require a different mindset.

I would suggest you get started by watching some beginner courses, like this one. Good luck and have fun learning! :)

• Indeed, I'm new, but I've learned SolidWorks before, so, It should be more easy. :)

If you try to convert CAD formats to games, you will end up with too much polygons and unoptimized models.

Solidworks is a CAD tool, Blender is a mesh modeling software, the two look similar, but they're very different and require a different mindset.

I would suggest you get started by watching some beginner courses, like this one. Good luck and have fun learning! :)

Oh <3

Thank you <3

It's more clear now, I didn't understand why does the fuck I can't use SolidWorks, it's just because It's not enough optimal for LOTUS ^^

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav