[Feature Request] Map Editor, Content Tool, Vehicles...etc

• Hi devs (mostly)!

For a long time I've been thinking on features that I think would be usefull (or I could use it but are not supported yet). I try to categorize it somehow so it's not that messy:

Map editor

• Scenery objects: Height parameter in the "Properties" so we could copy this info, or modify it without start to guess from nothing
    • Scenery objects: Input for rotation angle (not just with R and rotating with mouse)
    • Terrain: Generate terrain on whole map - Often terrain generation is malfunctioning because the camera in the editor is near a tile border...etc. A whole map generation would be very useful in cases like that (of course before publishing a map, because this would take some serious time on a bigger map)
    • Terrain: Painting and manual terrain modification (WITHOUT subgrades and polygons) - I know this is an already requested feature, but I think many people would love to use this
    • Tunnels: The same as above (also third rail support as "catenary")
    • Pedestrians: Humans actually walking on the level of the paths and ped. polygons, not on the level of terrain
    • Rail tracks: Actual buffers (eg. possibility to add collision mesh to buffer objects which would have effect on rail vehicles too) - at the moment trains just stuck at the end of rails
    • Railtracks/Splines: Input for angle (not just radius and lentgh) - It's sometimes very annoying to calculate the exact length for eg. a 15/30/45/90°...etc part
    • Scenery Objects/Splines: On the right side at the object selection, there could be maybe a filter for packages (if one makes different packages for each different map, there are LOTS OF objects in each category and it's really hard to find models this way)

Vehicles

• SOUNDS - Rooms for sound sources (like in OMSI: outdoor, passenger cab, cockpit)
    • SOUNDS - Track joint/switches sounds (like a new global script variable, eg. isSwitch_{a}_{b} or something for each axle)
  • Hi!

Thank you for your feedback and your requests! :-)

• Height parameter: I thought it exists already, I will check this.
    • Rotation angle: In the context menue, you should find a dialogue window for entering all angles?
    • Terrain generation: We know already, that this would be a very useful feature, but it will be very hard to implement it, so we just have to wait until there are more important and more easy features implemented.
    • Terrain "art": Of course many people will love it, but there are more important to-dos yet.
    • Tunnels: You won't have to wait long any more! ;-)
    • Pedestrians: What? They should already walk on the (terrain) splines and polygones!
    • Rail tracks: Of course, such a feature will be implemented later, but not before buses could crash into scenery objects! ;-) ;-) ;-)
    • Input for angle: It's on the to do list already, I'm missing this possibility, too! ;-)
    • Right side filtering: Yes, it has to be improved, that's right.
    • Sound features: They are all planned already. :-)
  • One more suggestion: Front-facing trees, which can follow the user's viewpoint. They could be used in distant areas, while they look way better than current backdrops.

Edit: What I mean is just a plain rectangle with a texture, which can face in the direction the user is, so it's quite resource efficient but looks great.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TNH ()

• Hi!

Thank you for your feedback and your requests! :-)

• Height parameter: I thought it exists already, I will check this.
    • Rotation angle: In the context menue, you should find a dialogue window for entering all angles?
    • Terrain generation: We know already, that this would be a very useful feature, but it will be very hard to implement it, so we just have to wait until there are more important and more easy features implemented.
    • Terrain "art": Of course many people will love it, but there are more important to-dos yet.
    • Tunnels: You won't have to wait long any more! ;-)
    • Pedestrians: What? They should already walk on the (terrain) splines and polygones!
    • Rail tracks: Of course, such a feature will be implemented later, but not before buses could crash into scenery objects! ;-) ;-) ;-)
    • Input for angle: It's on the to do list already, I'm missing this possibility, too! ;-)
    • Right side filtering: Yes, it has to be improved, that's right.
    • Sound features: They are all planned already. :-)

Thank you very much for your respond! <3

What I mean by the AI pedestrans is that they only follow the level of the "terrain". They only walk ON the splines...etc, if the spline is part of the terrain. Which is absolutely OK for sidewalks, but if you make high-detailed railway platforms/perons, you find it more usefull to model it like a sceneryobject or a spline that is NOT the part of the terrain (because it would drag the ground all over, and at least it makes heck of plus work). In the editor you can set the height of the paths (also the height of the "people waiting area"), but I don't think they consider it at the moment.

• A few more ideas came to my mind, hope it's OK to not open another thread for that.

• Query if railway car is LAST in the train. For example isLastCar: boolean or something similar to that. It'd be super useful since at the moment there's no such a way to find out in script whether the car is the last (which would come handy at initializing taillights in multi-car trains eg.).

• Different voltage support in overwires. I know maybe I'm the only one who would need that, but I can absolutely imagine maps with different types of railways, like S-Bahn like railways with 1000-1500V, trams with 550-600V, and (at least where lines were connected for freight train support) I think Budapest is not the only place where lines like that are/were connected.

What I think could work is a new variable for overhead wire splines, like an integer in voltage. Since there are tons of maps released, that would be a pain in the...bottom to re-place every wire, but I assume ~99% of the maps out are tram maps, so... if it had a default value for trams (I guess it's about 600VDC in Germany as well), that could perfectly work and be backward-compatible.

• Variable for outdoor sounds and/or different camera views.

• Different railtypes (like bridge, tunnel, different ballasts) for sounds - at the moment there's only a few type for that (grass, asphalt, grooved, maybe ballast and that's it).

• Weather variables like wetness and outdoor temperature. I know at the moment this is not supported ingame, but I think it would be nice to at least be able to make the needed materials in trains or map splines for that (like light glazing on a wet asphalt...etc).

• Multiple loading screens for maps. I think a lot of maps have very different sceneries, and since loading time in LOTUS sometimes is pretty long, it max be useful to set multiple loading screens which are looped in like every 10 seconds. Remember, if bus, trolleybus..etc vehicles will be more frequent, multi-vehicle type maps will even be more colourful in this aspect.

• Program flag for NOT loading workshop elements: this one is a bit out of line, because according to the start parameters, there should be a feature like that, but I couldn't make it work, and don't know if it's not supported yet or I was wrong with the shortcut settings (though even started from console with the flag, it wouldn't work).
  • Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav