Thor's collection thread for DFI-related questions

• :flag_gb:Hi,

I need to construct a specific DFI to be fitted in my Copenhagen bus stops.

Like these two:

My question is: After creating the object in Blender, what textures do I need? Like background/nighttex/alpha channel? And what should each of these contain?

And just a very short general explanation for a dumbhead like me: How should these textures then be configured script-wise?

:flag_ger: Moin,

Für meine Kopenhagen-Karte brauche ich ein DFI für die Haltestellen, wie im Bild von oben anzuschauen ist.

Die Frage, die ich habe, ist: Nachdem ich den Objekt in Blender gebaut habe, welche Texturen brauche ich eigentlich? Hintergrund/Nacht/Alpha-Kanal? Und was müssen sie enthalten?

Und nur ganz kurz für einen Dummkopf wie ich: Wie muss ich die im Script konfigurieren?

Best regards/Liebe Grüße,

Thor

• Hi Thor,

since this is a complex undertaking, I cannot write you a simple recipe here. But first the most important:

- in your case it is sufficient to create a text texture ( https://www.lotus-simulator.de…-and-drawing-on-textures/ ) that directly draws the content of a string variable and uses black as color.

- the standard texture contains only a dark display (not black, that doesn't look realistic!)

- then place a rectangular polygon two or three cm above the display. Its blend mode is set to alpha, the standard texture is the text texture and the night texture is a completely white texture.

- We will take care of the script when you are ready to write characters to the text texture using the string variable. But if you want to have a look already: https://www.lotus-simulator.de…em/#3.2-Script-Funktionen

• Now that I've got most of the display features to work so far (showing the line number and destination at the correct spots), I still need to get the "time to departure" working. Using the variable "DT_Plan" from "TStatPISTrip" only outputs the scheduled departure time of the day, and not the time to depart.

What functions/variables do I need to retrieve this information from the timetable and output it as "time to departure"? Converting to minutes I can probably figure out myself.

EDIT: Figured it out myself. :D

• thor2950

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Creating a DFI, what do I need? - DFI erstellen, was brauche ich dafür?“ zu „Thor's collection thread for DFI-related questions“ geändert.
  • Hello again,

With the current configuration of my script, the display doesn't include special characters, only the line number itself.

Example:

I have the line 250S, which consists of the line number + the special char code 2.

In the script, the data gathering is done with this procedure:

So, does the GetTempListData simply not include special characters, or what do I need to do to add this to the line variable?

-Thor

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav