Feature wishes from a modder standpoint

• Evening all!

One of the most annoying things about OMSI that I bet all vehicle modders hate, is the need to reload the situation from the game menu every time you change a single character in the script files.

Does or will LOTUS have a vehicle reload kind-of button or hotkey, or could that implemented in the future?

Please it, is really frustrating, when you have to wait minutes just to see a very minor change in the scriptfiles/animations.

Regards (:

• Don't you have to use the tools anyway to modify scripts, which won't run in parallel with the simulation?

Most important thing for me is having proper debugging tools and I already caught a glimpse of that in the Lexicon. So that we have much less in-game trial and error.

• Don't you have to use the tools anyway to modify scripts, which won't run in parallel with the simulation?

Most important thing for me is having proper debugging tools and I already caught a glimpse of that in the Lexicon. So that we have much less in-game trial and error.

I agree with you on this one, being able to read out variable values in an in-game console would be also much appreciated.

It's not even clear to me atm how one will be able to edit the scriptfiles, is some kind of basic pascal IDE provided with the content tools, or do we just use good old Notepad++? If the latter is true, how can we "attach" a specific scriptfile to a model?

• when you have to wait minutes just to see a very minor change in the scriptfiles/animations.

For that reason, we have the button "Script test" in the ContentTool. With this, you may plot variables and look at the animations while running the script. :-)

is the need to reload the situation from the game menu every time

Sorry, but there is no other possibility... :-(

having proper debugging tools

Do you mean for the scripts? At least, you can test your script in the Object & Vehicle Tool (ContentTool); more debugging would be so complecated, that we does not want to implement such features yet.

being able to read out variable values in an in-game console would be also much appreciated.

Hmmm, this is possible, indeed, but I just check it out: You have to press [Ctrl]+[Ä] and that wasn't a good choice... :S It will corrected soon! :-)

is some kind of basic pascal IDE provided with the content tools

Not by us, but we can highly recommend the free tool "PSPad"! It is much more comfortible than the Windows Notepad and it supports syntax highlighting for many programming languages, including Pascal.

• when you have to wait minutes just to see a very minor change in the scriptfiles/animations.

For that reason, we have the button "Script test" in the ContentTool. With this, you may plot variables and look at the animations while running the script. :-)

Thank you for the answers! Looking forward to the example scripts, and did i read it correctly that you will soon share the scripts of GT6N as well? :)

• Do you mean for the scripts? At least, you can test your script in the Object & Vehicle Tool (ContentTool); more debugging would be so complecated, that we does not want to implement such features yet.

Yes, for the scripts. For example, being able to initialize variables with a set of values and see how the script reacts (i.e. how they influence values of other variables) before going in-game. That should also include setting the values of built-in system variables. Especially since, as far as I understood, it is no longer possible to change a script while the game is running simply by overwriting the source file and reloading a save game to see the effects, but in LOTUS you have to compile scripts to use them in game and the game does not run in parallel with the tools, right? I could not look at the script test function yet, but it seems like it's something like this. I don't expect a debugger with breakpoints and stepwise execution, don't worry. :)

• As i do not want to spam the forum with another topic, I am going to write a few other questions here.

Will we be able to write files via scripts? Could be used for a lot of stuff, like saving the status of the user vehicle (fuel amount, aging of vehicle) for loading back the next time. Or like saving the position of all switches, so next time the user comes back it's the same way he/she left it.

Also, will we have some kind of customization option similar to the OMSI cti setvars?

• No, we won't implement such a feature, last but not least to avoid security gaps.

Features that adress the convenience of the user - like your suggestion - will likely be implemented by us "from above" if you know what I mean. :)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav