LOTUS Map Editor - Ease if use, and some feature suggestions.

• Before I get started, I want to say that the work you have put into this editor is amazing, and it has many advanced features, but at the moment its not very user friendly, and its quite time consuming to work with. I'm sorry if I sound like all I'm doing is complaining, but I'm pointing out my main issues with the editor as it is.

One thing I do not like about the current editor, is that it is very time consuming to complete even a small section of street. Could we potentially get an options page for setting up editor hotkeys? For example, being able to map a macro key to open the properties of the selected spline/helper/terrain former, would be a very welcome addition, and maybe keys for opening the tabs at the side of the editor too. Another issue I currently have, is that being able to drag things around is great feature, when it works. Alot of the time I select the end of a spline to modify the angle of it, the terrain generation kicks in, and I'm unable to move that part of the spline.

The next issue I have is with the object selection - The folder structure of OMSI, for object selection, was great, and maybe its because Im used to it, but this current method is, again, time consuming, especially with the filter in a dropdown. To make this better, you could have a folder structure just like OMSI, with a preview image of the selected object below. Sidenote for the object selection, scrolling down the list with the scroll-wheel makes the world view zoom in and out.

My last issue, is that there is currently no way to change the time of the editor - unless I'm missing something.

Hope that this is some useful feedback, and again, sorry for sounding very negative, as I'm sure blood, sweat, tears, coffee, and pizza have gone into this. If you need me to explain further, let me know.

• as I'm sure blood, sweat, tears, coffee, and pizza have gone into this.

Haha, that's right! ;-)

Before I get started, I want to say that the work you have put into this editor is amazing, and it has many advanced features,

Thank you very much! :-)

All your points are very interesting and thank you for give us that feedback. We'll see, if and when we can implement some of them.

• We'll see, if and when we can implement some of them.

Brilliant, thanks!

Some other things I remembered I wanted to suggest (thanks procrastination)

- The ability to use a "manual" refresh - F5 (or other hotkey) / button at top
    - "Create helper along edge" (or similar) feature for the terrain "splines" (forgot what they're called - sub-something) and others.
    - Helper type for creating mirrored roads - what is done on one side is done on the other side too
    - Press R to change spline rotation (if possible? I know you said that you couldn't move splines for whatever reason)

I might remember some things during work, so might add some more feature suggestions here.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav