AI paths elevation

• I watched tutorials, read articles from this site and started working on my map but some things still confuse me. The important thing is that I need to work with sloped terrain (crossing, streets, bus stops will be there) so I have to understand elevation correctly.

So my understanding is that we first use subgrades for base terrain modification. And the elevation of subgrades is relative to initial height (without DEM to 0m). Now, should this subgrade be in width of road (+/- some meters) or should I shape the terrain of that area? In that regard, I understand that OMSI-like terrain editing isn't yet implemented so should I just wait for that option or I should play around with subgrades?

When that is done, then I can start placing splines there. So I use curbstones and set them to -0.15 and that will modify terrain further for road. Now, for asphalt I can use either lane splines or polygons and they need to be on -0.15 too.

Finally, when it comes to AI (and reference lines too), I noticed that I cannot use just -0.15 for elevation properties. So my question is do AI paths follow terrain or polygons/splines?

My toolbar for "Streets":

I'm sorry for a long post but I wanted to explain my workflow so you can correct me if I'm doing something wrong :)

• Hi,

I'm sorry for a long post but I wanted to explain my workflow so you can correct me if I'm doing something wrong

that's no problem. This is why we are here.

First of all, there is a difference between the absolute height and the relative height. Subgrades, ai paths, reference lines, railtracks and some more using the absolute height. If you are working on a real map, you can probably can get the correct height from Google Earth or other programs. The height of the DEM terrain is not that precise, so I can't recommend using only the height of the DEM.

Now, should this subgrade be in width of road (+/- some meters) or should I shape the terrain of that area?

Area.

In that regard, I understand that OMSI-like terrain editing isn't yet implemented so should I just wait for that option or I should play around with subgrades?

Just play around with subgrades. When you get into it, it's a very nice feature in my opinion.

When that is done, then I can start placing splines there. So I use curbstones and set them to -0.15 and that will modify terrain further for road. Now, for asphalt I can use either lane splines or polygons and they need to be on -0.15 too.

This is correct, but I can't recommend the use of lane spline for asphalt. Mostly the polygons fit better in there.

So my question is do AI paths follow terrain or polygons/splines?

Everything is following the terrain, polygons and splines too, if you're using the relative height. This button right here :heightrelabs: toggles the height. When pressed you will use the relative height. Sometimes, e.g. when using subgrades, it is important to use the absolute height.

Greets

• Thank you for very detailed answer. This clears some things for me.

I forgot to ask about road marking splines. Should they be on -0.15 or slighty above (-0.145)? For example, a middle line?

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav