Is the game still alive ?

• Hello

I don't want to be a "Karen"

Is the core game still in beeing WIP or still working on it and you don't give any news ? I was one of the first customer of the game like many other here.

We are going into 2023 guys... and we are far away from the promises...

I am not complaining because I want a game now like a child but we put 80€ in it and we don't have news. I was always the first to say to people complaining about the half finished game that : don't forget it's an early access.

Now I'm like yeah... it's an early nothing and don't buy it.

Can somebody explain what is going on ? if you have difficulties : just tell.

You should create a blog and every 2 months to tell what you're working on.

I know it's an early access but come on... at least give us news.

Thanks.

Avatar = me. That's part of the job... xD

• Hi,

I know it's an early access but come on... at least give us news.

there were news in the last month in the forum. An update is in the making and will be done around the christmas days. Furthermore the last feature poll has revealed, that the community wants an upgrade from OpenGL to DirectX. This is an intense effort, so it takes time. Beside that there are new features in the pipeline which needs some time too.

I still wonder, that the information about the upcomming update didn't reach you within the last months.

Greets

• Thanks for your awnser ! Don't forget to keep update the game otherwise people will loose interest and other games are coming... Maybe you (the team) should keep updating us by the blog. :) At least a screenshot of the coding and explain for exemple how is it hard to change from OpenGL to DirectX :)

Have a wonderful Christmas y'all :)

• Hi,

You already said it's an EA. But: It's not the game that EA is, but the tools.
    New features take time. Unfortunately, some don't understand that Oriolus isn't Rockstar or EA Games.
    It takes time to develop certain things.
    And it's not always possible to post pictures of it. It might even not be a good thing to show pictures of things in development.

Unsere Züge fahren immer!

Deine Feuerwehr.

Master of Traffic signs

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! That's what I like :)

And for Yufa (after that I stop talking) I know they aren't EA, Rockstar, Activision or whatever you want. It's just to give some news more often. ;)

Merry Christmas to y'all again. :)

• Hi,

You already said it's an EA. But: It's not the game that EA is, but the tools.
    New features take time. Unfortunately, some don't understand that Oriolus isn't Rockstar or EA Games.
    It takes time to develop certain things.
    And it's not always possible to post pictures of it. It might even not be a good thing to show pictures of things in development.

I think most of us knows that, and noone would bat an eye... but there are some cases when even a patient member can loose its temper. Like claiming a BIG update, then only adding articulated buses.

I know the graphic engine mods take plenty of time (though I don't even have any hope that they'll ever have an impact on the terrible fps), and sure, important things were added and I'm glad for them. But come on, articulated buses? That was the last voted feature, the third rails or tunnels alone had bigger impact on the game. I don't have any problem with the fact that that was the next "smaller" thing that could be added, since as I mentioned, graphic changes will take some time. But please don't advertise it then as a very important and big update...

• Why have a vote, if it never has any effect? I know it's always stated that new features are independent from the votes, but it's still hilarious that usually the least voted things get "priority".

Zitat

Why should this be important and why am I reading this phrase only from hungarian members?

I guess we are too poor to build a multi-thousand euro PC so we don't have lags and have more than 30-40 fps (which is by the way said to be plenty, multiple times in the forum). Especially since multithreading still has very big flaws at the moment.

From the moment LOTUS was released, I had really low hopes: at least with the same (tragic) fps as in OMSI, have a tram/train simulator with decent modding features and a somewhat Ok graphics. And I'm not even mad, since these things were fulfilled: better graphics than OMSI, on the same terrible fps (but with much less Zugriff... messages, which has a reason why is a meme in OMSI communities), and great modding opportunities (my favourite part is that released stuff cannot be modified by someone else, you may not even have a clue how wonderful that thing is, since in OMSI all released stuff was horrible modded by stupid and ignorent idiots all the time).

I don't have hopes for better performance, I wouldn't really explain why. But still, I think LOTUS is the best tram sim at the moment (and that tells a lot of things about the other programs), so I'm not really upset about the way of patching the game. But sometimes the PR is just terrible. It's not about the meaningless votes or the lack of information about things. It's like having a serious bug-like thing and have absolutely no reply on the forum. You have a different opinion, then Janine simply deletes your comment or closes the thread. You know, the small things...

• get

"priority"

What if articulated buses had already priority? And because of the poll the change to DirectX got priority? ?/

I guess we are too poor to build a multi-thousand euro PC so we don't have lags and have more than 30-40 fps

In German we call this sentence "wyld". Because this is pure nonsense. Even with a "multi-thousand euro PC" you won't get 30-40 fps on the settings you want. You can adjust the settings to get 30-40 fps by reducing AI cars, pedestrians, passengers and AI timetable vehicles.

But sometimes the PR is just terrible. It's not about the meaningless votes or the lack of information about things. It's like having a serious bug-like thing and have absolutely no reply on the forum. You have a different opinion, then Janine simply deletes your comment or closes the thread. You know, the small things...

I don't know, if you have read the topic in the German part of the forum about this topic. In the past there were several attempts to be more active in the PR. All of these attempts failed unfortunately, which led to the current PR. In theory there are plenty of great ideas, but in practice they fail.

Greets

• I guess we are too poor to build a multi-thousand euro PC so we don't have lags and have more than 30-40 fps

Even with a "multi-thousand euro PC" you won't get 30-40 fps on the settings you want. You can adjust the settings to get 30-40 fps by reducing AI cars, pedestrians, passengers and AI timetable vehicles.

Honestly this is nonesense, we should not keep the settings low to get a decent framerate. Ex: I have a ryzen 9 3900x and a 3080. I cannot get 60 fps with medium settings, this is absolutly ridiculus, I don't want to take any main stream game for example because their developer team is too big in comparison to lotus, but let's say with ETS2 with the same setup you can get 100-130 fps with the same settings and setup. I don't pretentend to get 100 fps but AT LEAST 60, which is the minimum in the videogame industry.

• Honestly this is nonesense, we should not keep the settings low to get a decent framerate. Ex: I have a ryzen 9 3900x and a 3080. I cannot get 60 fps with medium settings, this is absolutly ridiculus, I don't want to take any main stream game for example because their developer team is too big in comparison to lotus, but let's say with ETS2 with the same setup you can get 100-130 fps with the same settings and setup. I don't pretentend to get 100 fps but AT LEAST 60, which is the minimum in the videogame industry.

Read my post twice and you will see, that I'm also upset with the current fps situation. I can't imagine a person being fine with the situation. My point was, that there is no PC to handle LOTUS in its current state on settings to simulate a proper rush hour for example. Comparing to other games is in fact nonsense.

Greets

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav