Posts by TNH

Does he have an AMD GPU? If yes, he has to downgrade the Radeon driver to 22.5.1

The 600W be quiet! sounds much better, never cheap out on PSU.

I would't recommend a GT1030, it's really not intended for gaming, rather for multimedia. A GTX1650 isn't that expensive imo, and offers a much better experience until you get a higher tier card. Also, with a 600W PSU, you will not need to replace it when upgrading your GPU.

Neither of this would be suitable for flawless experience. I would advise to postpone the project, save some money and get the first (with Ryzen 5 5600G) with a better, not noname PSU and at least an RTX2060 or 3060. Lotus is just poorly optimized at it's current state, and needs a beefy PC.

So, since one of the owner of the developers made OMSI 2, how about integrating OMSI 2 mods into LOTUS? It will allow for quite a bit of flexibility, so we can have our maps on there in the UK.

Just because the two games share a developer, they are not interoperable. Even the basics of the games are completely different, there is just no way to make it possible. But everyone can use their previos models in LOTUS, so map-makers can recreate their maps in a higher quality using the original models.

Quote from Marcel Kuhnt

Yes, we need to create "round" tunnel splines for the U7, but I have no idea, when we will do this.

I made my spline too, but have no idea if the train fits in there.

I also have no idea about some other measurements. (how far from track axis should platform be, how long is it supposed to be, and its height too.

Try looking for blueprints on the internet, they define the dimensions of the car.

Untick 'Real electricity supply' in the options.

Also, I'm not sure the Reverser was in 'V' position (Forwards) instead of '*' in the video.

EDIT: The problem has been solved, somehow the &hres=1 part of the link wasn't suitable for the game. After deleting that (even though the quality decreased), the aerial now works fine.

One more suggestion: Front-facing trees, which can follow the user's viewpoint. They could be used in distant areas, while they look way better than current backdrops.

Edit: What I mean is just a plain rectangle with a texture, which can face in the direction the user is, so it's quite resource efficient but looks great.

That's not exactly how it works, and I say it as a train driver. There are no forward or reverse signal, but there are two seperate line in the Schafenberg for the directions. The tram doesn't care about the position of the Reverser (I mean it actually cares, but it can't read), it only cares that it gets a Signal from one of those lines (what you switch with the reserver), and where does it come from (rear coupling or front)

So no, it wouldn't go in different directions.

actually, it would, If two trams are coupled back to back (considering one has their pins flipped to match the other) and both get the forward signal, both would go forward, meaning opposite of each other. And yes, as you mention, most Tatras don't care if signal comes from the front or back coupling, and here is the issue. In order to allow for back to back coupling to work, atleast one needs to have their pins for the reverser flipped so that the second car moves in the same direction as the first vehicle.

And before you ask, I work as an electrician at our public transport company and I repair Tatras.

I only have a circuit plan from a Tatra T5C5, but that is designed the way I described, so no matter if you couple a car with front or back, they will go on the same direction, no need to flip their pins either way.

Even if the tram is not designed for it, shouldn't it still be technically possible. I mean, it's just a standard connection, and you could release the brakes on the tram behind?

Nope, the pins in the couples would be on opposite sites, shorting everything. Even if all the pins would line up, both trains would try to move into their forward direction. YOu would need a modification to let the second train know to drive backwards

That's not exactly how it works, and I say it as a train driver. There are no forward or reverse signal, but there are two seperate line in the Schafenberg for the directions. The tram doesn't care about the position of the Reverser (I mean it actually cares, but it can't read), it only cares that it gets a Signal from one of those lines (what you switch with the reserver), and where does it come from (rear coupling or front)

So no, it wouldn't go in different directions.

How exactly do teams work? Are the map files updated on an ongoing basis?

You can work on maps together via cloud services (like Mega or Google Could), teams are just allowing your friends to modify your map, but they need the source files. Also, working on a map at exactly the same time is not possible, so it should look like this:
    Person A works on a map, saves, the cloud updates the modified files, then Person B can start the work, and vica versa.

I have a question about convertion from OMSI/OMSI 2. Conversion is good idea and please help me about this or get a helpful answer.

You can reuse your own models from OMSI, but converting is not possible due to the fact that these two games have nothing in common, expect one of the developers.

I don't think he meant it like that, like all the others who complain about a high price. He only asked if there would be some kind of discount on Streets of Lotus, because its quite expensive (Surely not too expensive with the coming content, but not everybody has got 80€ left if he wants to drive bus and tram), which also puts some creators off buying it.

out of*

Do you mean that there won't be a discount even when Lotus is out of Early Access? Or am I misunderstanding you?

I made a grammatical mistake, which have been corrected by Janine.

Hello, will there be any promotion for the road mode soon? A question because some people like the game very much, but the price of PLN 340 is a bit too much, which also deters the creators.

There will be no discounts while the game is in Early Access state.