Beiträge von TNH

Thank you, I know now.

I find it quite ridiculous that after 6 years of early access, not even AMD graphics cards are properly supported. 9(

Maybe it will work when the game is finished in 2035. (And you pay so much money for something like that)-_-

AMD cards were supported for a long time, but after AMD's patch 22.5.1 something was messed up and because there's already a solution on the way (DirectX instead OpenGL, by going Unity), there was no need for a quick hotfix. So no, it's not been 6 years...

TNH,

As info: in that folder there must be 23 files with extention "lct" and one pdf file

This information helped a lot, thanks. I've downloaded an archive at the day of release which was only 14,5MB, and it contained an installer which installed only 3 containers. However, after I downloaded it again, the installer is 75MB and now all the containers appeared in the folder after installation.

I did exactly as you mentioned and as I said, I checked and it's there. (Or at least there are 3 containers in that map)

did you subscribe to all the workshop-items, that are needed? i can't explain or show it better because to me i have them anyway.

Yes, I did. I'm not really sure how I could explain it better, all of them have a green checkmark next to them in Steam, and I also checked if the setup of the additional exe was succesfull, and it was because there are three new container files in my MyContent/objects/Hanover 10+17 folder, yet the overhead wire poles are missing in the outer section. Could you check in your Map Editor what their name is (the poles'), and what is their container's name, so maybe we can figure out what's missing?

I did exactly as you mentioned and as I said, I checked and it's there. (Or at least there are 3 containers in that map)

Hallo 0% Apfelsaft,

Lange rede kurzer Sinn: bitte hier https://magentacloud.de/s/4orFBzMkHaQ7PtT die exe Datei herunterladen, irgendwo speichern, ausführen, und wenn du steam und LOTUS nach standard installiert hast, einfach nur entpacken klicken. Fertig
    Ganz nebenbei als Hinweis: hier [Hannover] Linie 10 + 17 ist der offizielle Veröffentlichungsauftritt unserer Strecke.
    LG

Installing the mentioned containers doesn't solve the issue, even though I can find them in my MyContent folder, catenary poles and other stuff are still missing, there are traffic lights floating at Ahlem, etc.

Ich würde gerne wissen, ob es zusätzlich möglich wäre, gesonderte Tastatur-Events zu erstellen, damit man sich die Türbedienung auch auf die Tastatur legen kann? Z.B. den Drehknopf für die Freigabe für links herum auf "NumPad /", rechts herum auf "NumPad *". Die Auswahl Hochbahnsteig auf "NumPad -", Tiefbahnsteig auf "NumPad +". Weicht zwar vom LOTUS-Standard ab, aber ich fände das besser, als dieses ständige Mausgeziele und -geklicke.

The platform height selection is already mapped to Shift+Del and Shift+End, you can also change it in your settings or add new keybind.

One thing I also noticed, however I don't have experience with these IRL, just with the TW6000 and other trams: The Federspeicherbremse applies even when the Throttle is in null position at slow speeds (so not in any braking position), which makes shunting and slow movements harder. In TW6000s for example, it only applies below 8km/h if the Throttle is set to a braking position. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

Great vehicle, but I hope it will get more photorealistic textures (or at least more detailed, less plain textures).

Also, driving with external controller isn't possible, I hope it will be impemented soon.

EDIT: Also, I would have another request/idea. I think it would be better, if the Throttle handle would get back to the null position smoother when pressing A on the keyboard, and it wouldn't just teleport back.

1. Please describe as detailed as possible what you did and which problem that leads to.

I didn't have a max brake with bell signal.

I don't know why because I had it functional a few weeks ago. I'll attach a screenshot of my settings.

2. Please post your logfile and if possible attach your debug logfile, as well, which have been created during the problem occured.

Delete the controller's assign from the one with the (w/o max brake) in the end.

If only this was true...

I don't think it's generally wrong, the bigger problem is that this actually seems to be a relevant factor in development. You can't make it right for everyone, that's just the way it is and going a path somewhere in the middle which is suboptimal for both sides really doesn't seem ideal. Especially since Lotus' reputation is so awful anyway, it's not like it can get much worse, so I'd say just go for the thing that makes the active, core playerbase happy (which are the people in the forum, and looking at the last feature poll, that thing is probably DirectX) and not the comments of some Lotus Youtube video or Instagram post.

I've got no idea of development but this just seems like the most logical step to me, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I would totally agree with the part where you suggest devs should prioritaze those features which were voted in polls. However, we then go back to the topic that the last poll's least voted feature somehow came way earlier, than the most popular one. But me and the devs probably don't mean the same thing under "priorities"

Please stop telling people AMD is having problem with OpenGL. Every single title works fine except LOTUS, they even had a performance bump somewhere around 22.7.x

I know several other games (also mostly in the simulation field) that have the same problem. Or to put it another way: All games (that I know of) without problems with AMD drivers do not use OpenGL, with a few exceptions. => It isn't a LOTUS problem, it's a AMD problem.

Name them please, so I can test them myself. Because what I've tried (Trainz w/ OpenGL, Transport Fever 2) worked just fine.

Wie auch schon für das Spiel selber erwähnt wurde, handelt es sich auch beim map editor und auch im content tool um den gleichen Fehler:

AMD Grafikkarten haben aktuell Probleme mit OpenGL. Leider ist auch keine Lösung seitens AMD in Sicht. Man kann aktuell nur drauf warten bis Lotus auf DirectX umgestiegen ist ( wenn du den aktuellen neuesten Grafik-Treiber gehalten möchtest )

es gibt jedoch einen workaround. Der Fehler seitens amd begann nach der Grafik-Treiber Version 22.5.1

möchtest du also aktuell Lotus spielen, ist ein downgrade des Grafikkarten Treibers Pflicht. Hier empfiehlt sich der Grafik Treiber 22.5.1 das ist der neueste Treiber der noch in Lotus funktioniert. Um den herunterzuladen gehe einfach auf die Support Webseite von amd Suche nach deiner Grafikkarte und lade den Treiber herunter. Danach installieren Neustarten und schon sollte Lotus sowie auch der map Editor und content tool wieder funktionieren .

Please stop telling people AMD is having problem with OpenGL. Every single title works fine except LOTUS, they even had a performance bump somewhere around 22.7.x

I just wanted to find out about the next patch when you can expect it and in which direction the content is going. Recently the joint physics and the Solaris were added, will the next patch be about buses again or will there be something with trains again? Maybe even something with the subway (Tunnenupdate last year)?

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not expecting an exact release date or a list of what content is coming, just a few words about the current status of the next patch and what you can roughly expect.

Never ask a woman her age, a man his salary, and LOTUS devs about the next update or anything future related.

I would appreciate an option to change the new, non-linear (progressive?) mouse steering method back to the original (linear). On Ultrawide screens it is really bad, the deadzone in the middle is huge.