Decent way to place catenary poles

• I'm about to place catenary on my map, and I've been thinking on the poles for hours but I cannot find the ideal solution.

My problem is that I really don't want to import the poles as sceneryobjects (I'll have about 10-20km-s of railway), since then I have to place them one by one all along the map, either by just placing them "by eye", or with reference lines (but then I have to place reference line all along the map, so that's another painful method). I was thinking about making the poles as splines (if I'm correct, in the content tool you can add attachment points to splines as well), but in a lexicon article, Florian wrote, that:

Zitat

The polygons and splines aren't saved into the Container of the map. They get stored as the terrain in a optimized way. If the placement of these elements are near the optimum, the algorithm won't need that much time and may reduced possible errors.

The polygons and splines aren't saved into the Container of the map. They get stored as the terrain in a optimized way. If the placement of these elements are near the optimum, the algorithm won't need that much time and may reduced possible errors.

If I could make the poles as splines, it'd be really easy to place them (just pull it all along the rails), but I don't know, if it really gets saved as terrain or not (I had a pretty big problem with high poly ties, I don't want to play this "game" again). Is the "pylon" model in a spline object is for this purpose, or some other settings? Or is it really the only way to place them one by one (since we don't have "spline attahcment" like in OMSI) ?

• Can you explain the examples in the form of pictures? I just didn’t understand the situation a lot, but I realized that we are talking about the contact network in the form of splines?

• To be honest I don't know what is not clear. I'm talking about importing the poles as splines and not as sceneryobjects, so you wouldn't have to place them one by one.

• He is talking about placing catenary poles. He wants to know if there's a chance for him to place more than 1 or 2 poles at the same time since he spent an hour placing poles one by one or if he can place catenary as a spline in one line/one go like you can do with buildings.

In my opinion and from my point of view that's HUGE down side and biggest mistake made in Editor when it comes to placing poles and catenary poles and street lights.

• To be honest I don't know what is not clear. I'm talking about importing the poles as splines and not as sceneryobjects, so you wouldn't have to place them one by one.

It’s not clear to me, because I don’t know much English, so I asked)

Now I understand what they mean.

Poles is the attachment point? Sorry for the question.

• Currently there is no "attach to Spline" included (Source)

But I think it is not quite a big problem yet. Build scenery around your tracks and wait with overhead wiring until it's possible to attach to Spline ;-)

• The catenary poles should always be scenery objects - like street lights etc. Of course, I understand the problem placing all poles separately, but there is a function planned to place scenery objects autmatically. But you should not place such complex objects as splines.

• Marcel Kuhnt Is it possible to modify the category "object"? Well, for example, I put 2 different attachments (connections), and in between the properties you can immediately enter the contact network (the wire). Is it possible? If you do not understand what they mean, you write.

• Thank you all guys for responding, but to be honest I was waiting for a dev. to answer, so I'm glad you answered Marcel ;)

By the way, all of the splines are saved as parts of the terrain? Like fences and stuff? So eg. if I build a detailed fence near the train route (like a metal fence from wires) will it add way to many polygons to the terrain, like the developed tie models?

• By the way, all of the splines are saved as parts of the terrain? Like fences and stuff? So eg. if I build a detailed fence near the train route (like a metal fence from wires) will it add way to many polygons to the terrain, like the developed tie models?

Currently yes.

• By the way, all of the splines are saved as parts of the terrain? Like fences and stuff? So eg. if I build a detailed fence near the train route (like a metal fence from wires) will it add way to many polygons to the terrain, like the developed tie models?

Currently yes.

And is it possible, that in the future, this will change, like the spline attachment feature? Like a new kind of splines, which are not part of the terrain and do not modify the terrain as well (like the standard splines).

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav