Creating underground railway (U-bahn) in LOTUS?

• Hi all/devs!

I'm thinking about starting an underground railway map but I have a few concerns about it. I know that tunnels are not supported yet (levels below zero), but I'm curious if there's any suggested way to start building a metro car as well as the rails and splines (third rail eg.).

That's more likely a question to the game developers: will there be a new kind of pantograph in the content tool (pantograph shoes on each side of the train...etc) as well as the third rail as a "catenary" spline? Should I just leave the pantographs for later and complete the scripts later when these features are implemented, or should I make, I don't know, 4 pantographs on the vehicle at the level of the "pantograph shoes" and make "catenary" splines at that level?

• Hello!

There is no problem if you start developing vehicles for the underground! :-)

- Pantographs: You will not use the current pantograph feature for third rail pantographs since they don't move (very much) relative to the vehicle. So I think, the only special feature will be an option to set the position of the pantographs for checking, if they touch the third rail.

- Third rails: Please design only a blender model of it. But I cannot say in which way we will implement them.

- Scripts: There are no limitations programming a script, just the "voltage check" cannot be done yet, so just set a single variable always to "1" (= full current) (like panto_voltage_{a}) for use in your scripts.

• Thank you very much for the fast respond!

Only for curiosity, will there be any variable about the catenary voltage in the future? What I mean is something that we could set the voltage on different tracks in the map editor (maybe added to the catenary spline itself, so the trams, U-bahn, railways...etc wouldn't have the same voltage) and with this variable in the vehicle we could use this data later on (with power calculations, ligth flickering...etc).

• We definitely will include a voltage variable. But I it will be not an absolute voltage (e.g. 750 V) but a relative voltage (1.0 = normal voltage). Otherwise, vehicles of subway system A could not run on subway system B, if the both system have different voltages, and this would be very sad. ;-)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav