Public Vars Problem

• Hello,

I'm making Lotus script files by translating my omsi script files.

I'd declared "elec_busbar_main" and "elec_busbar_main_sw" in the {Public Vars} part of main script file.

This Variables must have used at 3 or more .pas files, so I think It have to be declared at {Public Vars} section.

Code
    1. {PUBLIC_VARS                            * other Variables are hidden
    2. Elec_busbar_main: boolean;
    3. elec_busbar_main_sw: single;
    4. }

And this is my Elec.pas script. (I also included this file by using {$I Elec.pas} code.)

I used variable which already declared at {Public Vars} but It it not worked at importing script and error message "Unknown Identifier "elec_busbar_main"" has occurred.

When I delete the "doesn't work" parts, It was imported successfully. I just do not know why the variables in One files are taking different result.

I think I used variables properly (compare to example scripts), but error was occurred. So I wonder if my script is wrong, or there is other method to use Variables that I didn't know.

Maybe It is basic problem to you, Experts. But I spend more than 24 hours to fix this and did not succeed, So I ask your advice.

Thank you.

• It should work, if you put the elec_busbar_main_sw = 1 in brackets like here:

• Although Variobahn's hint is probably right, there is a BIG missunderstanding with heavy consequences!

In contrast to OMSI, you have two possibilities of declaring a public variable:

• declaring it in the {PUBLIC_VARS...} section like you did
    • declaring it "as usual" in Pascal scripts.

If you just need the variables in more than just one *.pas file, you still can declare it ("outside" of any procedure/function) with the construct

Code
    1. var
    2. counter: integer;
    3. text: string;

You just have to declare it above any procedure/function and any {$I xxx.pas}-statement (!), where you will need it.

The only reason you have to declare a variable in the PUBLIC_VARS section is to use it "in LOTUS", e.g. for animations, lights, materials, particle systems, in the script test window for debugging, plugins...

• declaring it "as usual" in Pascal scripts.

Maybe I have to follow this, But I have to use that VAR also at {Public Vars} to test scripts and sounds... I have to find another method.

Thanks for your apply.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav