KT4 not possible to move in this train composition.

• Afaik the Berlin KT4 was never build to allow back to back coupling without modification, so my guess would be it is intentional.

• ?/ If I'm not completely wrong, I never developed the script of the KT4 (published by BLV-1986) for a possible back-to-back coupling.

So it's intentional behavior, and if it worked at some point it was most likely a bug that I fixed at some point.

• Even if the tram is not designed for it, shouldn't it still be technically possible. I mean, it's just a standard connection, and you could release the brakes on the tram behind?

Nope, the pins in the couples would be on opposite sites, shorting everything. Even if all the pins would line up, both trains would try to move into their forward direction. YOu would need a modification to let the second train know to drive backwards

• Even if the tram is not designed for it, shouldn't it still be technically possible. I mean, it's just a standard connection, and you could release the brakes on the tram behind?

Nope, the pins in the couples would be on opposite sites, shorting everything. Even if all the pins would line up, both trains would try to move into their forward direction. YOu would need a modification to let the second train know to drive backwards

That's not exactly how it works, and I say it as a train driver. There are no forward or reverse signal, but there are two seperate line in the Schafenberg for the directions. The tram doesn't care about the position of the Reverser (I mean it actually cares, but it can't read), it only cares that it gets a Signal from one of those lines (what you switch with the reserver), and where does it come from (rear coupling or front)

So no, it wouldn't go in different directions.

• So I think I will reserve those russian trams for bi-directional needs...

:flag_rus: А что там не так?) Если качество моделей, то пока в процессе большой работы по обновлению. Если какие-то другие моменты - пишите в тему с ОЗМТ.

:flag_gb: What's wrong with it?) If the quality of the models, then it's still in the process of being updated in a big way. If anything else, post in the OZMT thread.

• Nope, the pins in the couples would be on opposite sites, shorting everything. Even if all the pins would line up, both trains would try to move into their forward direction. YOu would need a modification to let the second train know to drive backwards

Well, in Prague we have couplings similar to these: (WARNING: spammish link) https://www.alfaunion.cz/en/products-couplers-detail-79 They have profile allowing tram to bee coupled in whatever side you need. They are used also on museum two axle bi-directonal trams... We use them for looong time here with only exeption being T6A5 automatic couplings. (they ended up being semi-permanently in trains of two with standard ones at ends to allow moving them out of way if needed. There was an article about T3 train in Prague, which was coupled in this way, but it is no longer available. They basically needed to change only a few wires in multi unit driving... We even managed to couple two KT8s, which were not built for that. Even for two occassions. :)

EDIT:

So I think I will reserve those russian trams for bi-directional needs...

:flag_rus: А что там не так?) Если качество моделей, то пока в процессе большой работы по обновлению. Если какие-то другие моменты - пишите в тему с ОЗМТ.

:flag_gb: What's wrong with it?) If the quality of the models, then it's still in the process of being updated in a big way. If anything else, post in the OZMT thread.

Nothing personal mate, I am just more fan of Tatra and Škoda trams, because I know them. :-) (just no one made them yet)

• Nope, the pins in the couples would be on opposite sites, shorting everything. Even if all the pins would line up, both trains would try to move into their forward direction. YOu would need a modification to let the second train know to drive backwards

That's not exactly how it works, and I say it as a train driver. There are no forward or reverse signal, but there are two seperate line in the Schafenberg for the directions. The tram doesn't care about the position of the Reverser (I mean it actually cares, but it can't read), it only cares that it gets a Signal from one of those lines (what you switch with the reserver), and where does it come from (rear coupling or front)

actually, it would, If two trams are coupled back to back (considering one has their pins flipped to match the other) and both get the forward signal, both would go forward, meaning opposite of each other. And yes, as you mention, most Tatras don't care if signal comes from the front or back coupling, and here is the issue. In order to allow for back to back coupling to work, atleast one needs to have their pins for the reverser flipped so that the second car moves in the same direction as the first vehicle.

And before you ask, I work as an electrician at our public transport company and I repair Tatras.

• That's not exactly how it works, and I say it as a train driver. There are no forward or reverse signal, but there are two seperate line in the Schafenberg for the directions. The tram doesn't care about the position of the Reverser (I mean it actually cares, but it can't read), it only cares that it gets a Signal from one of those lines (what you switch with the reserver), and where does it come from (rear coupling or front)

actually, it would, If two trams are coupled back to back (considering one has their pins flipped to match the other) and both get the forward signal, both would go forward, meaning opposite of each other. And yes, as you mention, most Tatras don't care if signal comes from the front or back coupling, and here is the issue. In order to allow for back to back coupling to work, atleast one needs to have their pins for the reverser flipped so that the second car moves in the same direction as the first vehicle.

And before you ask, I work as an electrician at our public transport company and I repair Tatras.

I only have a circuit plan from a Tatra T5C5, but that is designed the way I described, so no matter if you couple a car with front or back, they will go on the same direction, no need to flip their pins either way.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav