Posts by ACMG

EDIT: Aaaaaand once again: 32Bit does NOT matter! Cause 32bit or 64bit has nothing todo with performance.

I disagree with that, at least if it's meant to be a general statement. For instance, when a game exceeds the 4 GB memory barrier that comes with 32 bit applications, this has effects on the performance. However, a 32 bit application handles polygons and textures as good as a 64 bit application, so it is true that just switching to 64 bit does not magically fix all performance issues one may have.

If you just want to follow the game development progress, it's sufficient to follow the Facebook page and the official announcements forum. No need to get overwhelmed by the massive amount of threads dealing with questions, issues, content announcements, etc. You don't have to read that to find out the current status.

It's AI related, but traffic rules and bus stops will also affect the player. All I meant to say is that there are more things missing than the possibility to import bus models (in fact, the model can be imported right now but you can't drive it). For instance (without me having verified it), I think the script system in the available EA version is not ready for road vehicles, too. So there is some work for the developers to do and after that content creators will need to put some work into their existing maps, too. Just not to give the wrong impression that you build your map and everything is ready once the first bus arrives for Lotus.

Leyland1195 I think it will be the same amount of work as for RHD maps.

The map editor and content tool won't change fundamentally for the streets module. The only thing you can't do at the moment is to develop a bus model.

Not entirely correct: There are no traffic rules at the moment, you can't even tell which lane is for which direction, there are no bus stops, etc. So there's a lot related to bus maps which you can't do yet. But you can already start building the whole scenery.

In my opinion, you need to build this in sceneryobject...

Why would you have to do that? You just need splines and terrain textures for polygons, or use one spline for the entire platform that has it all.

My problem is: I don't understand what he wants to achieve. I see he built tracks on lawn with curbs on its side and he shows a picture that has nothing like that, just asphalt and a platform.

That sentence lacks a noun:

Bei den Gewichtungen handelt es sich um zusätzliche Vertexdaten, deren Export insbesondere aus Blender in das x3D-Format nicht erlaubt

Wer oder was erlaubt deren Export insbesondere aus Blender nicht? - Who or what doesn't allow the export of vertex weights, particularly from Blender?

Ist einfach nur gemeint, dass das x3D-Format als solches keine Knotengewichtungen unterstützt? Dann verstehe ich die besondere Betonung von Blender nicht, weil das doch für jede Modellierungs-Software gelten müsste, die nach x3D exportiert.

Learning Blender just with trial-and-error is the wrong approach. It does provide the functionality you mention, but that functionality may not be as visible as in Sketchup (never used that). For example, I often use keyboard shortcuts or just hit space bar and type in the name of the command that I look for (Blender then displays commands as search results). You should watch some tutorials and do some exercises.

To be honest, I don't think that would be worth the effort. Creating an intersection is not really hard once you made yourself familiar with the editor. You need to invest a bit of time to get started, so just do it. In general I believe that Marcel will add functionality that makes the editor easier to use but stick with the existing concept.

Well, obviously you cannot reserve tiles while you're offline and when you work in a team with a team ID, you'll lose permission to work offline on team content after seven days without login. Also, the tools are unable to check your permissions while in offline mode. Other than that, I think the functionality is pretty much the same, Janine ?

I must have a different version of OMSI. There were maps that had regular traffic jams in my direction and you can set traffic density and time with the map editor and configuration files.

I'd like to add that a "Go to" function for the results of that connection check would be nice, so that you can simply click one entry of the list and a button or context menu item to move the view there in order to fix it.