Posts by thor2950

Hello again,

With the current configuration of my script, the display doesn't include special characters, only the line number itself.

Example:

I have the line 250S, which consists of the line number + the special char code 2.

In the script, the data gathering is done with this procedure:

So, does the GetTempListData simply not include special characters, or what do I need to do to add this to the line variable?

-Thor

Hello,

My own curbstone is causing trouble. It looks like this in Blender:

and I've made sure to remove doubles and reset both rotation and location. The grey lines are the separate cutting mesh.

But when placing it in the map editor (z=0.0), it creates this parallelogram-shaped hole:

In the CT, the cutting mesh is set to "only cutting, the mesh stays invisible" and with alpha=2.

The visible meshes are set to "No cut".

But why is it then still misbehaving? Even though I've done pretty much everything after the book/lexicon?

-Thor

Salut community,

This problem has persisted for some time now, whenever I'm laying new markings.

My street level is at Z=0, and the marking is Z=0.002. As shown on the two images, it sort of "cuts off", depending on the viewing angle and distance:

Settings of the spline:

Initially, I thought it had something to do with incorrectly laid subgrades, since I have an older map section with the same problem, where the subgrades and tracks are placed wrong.

However, the position shown on the pictures is from AFTER I learned to place and adjust tracks and subgrades correctly, so something else must be going on.

Anyone got any idea?

-Thor

Salut,

I've got two display drawing functions, "DrawDepartures", which is the one to be used normally, and a "DrawIdle", in case there are no trips left in the timetable. "DrawIdle" looks like this:

and my SimStep and timer function looks like this:

I've got a main timer (the function RunTimerMain), which just counts down from 10 to 0, then updates the display with one of the two mentioned functions. However, the "DrawIdle" one should cycle between three different modes, within the main timer:

- Blank (~5-6 seconds)

- Danish text (2 seconds)

- English text (2 seconds)

So, I need a separate timer for the function "DrawIdle", which contains a timer for each display state.

How could I implement this?

-Thor

Now that I've got most of the display features to work so far (showing the line number and destination at the correct spots), I still need to get the "time to departure" working. Using the variable "DT_Plan" from "TStatPISTrip" only outputs the scheduled departure time of the day, and not the time to depart.

What functions/variables do I need to retrieve this information from the timetable and output it as "time to departure"? Converting to minutes I can probably figure out myself.

EDIT: Figured it out myself. :D

:flag_gb:Hi,

I need to construct a specific DFI to be fitted in my Copenhagen bus stops.

Like these two:

My question is: After creating the object in Blender, what textures do I need? Like background/nighttex/alpha channel? And what should each of these contain?

And just a very short general explanation for a dumbhead like me: How should these textures then be configured script-wise?

:flag_ger: Moin,

Für meine Kopenhagen-Karte brauche ich ein DFI für die Haltestellen, wie im Bild von oben anzuschauen ist.

Die Frage, die ich habe, ist: Nachdem ich den Objekt in Blender gebaut habe, welche Texturen brauche ich eigentlich? Hintergrund/Nacht/Alpha-Kanal? Und was müssen sie enthalten?

Und nur ganz kurz für einen Dummkopf wie ich: Wie muss ich die im Script konfigurieren?

Best regards/Liebe Grüße,

Thor

Sorry, but currently, that's not possible, perhaps later! ;-)

That would be nice, if implemented. :)

OK, since we've made this font, please tell us, which letters do you missing. What's about the outer matrix flip dot?

As for the characters I'm missing, are the following:

Æ Ø Å æ ø å and parantheses ().

Parantheses, since many stops in Copenhagen follow this exact format: Name_of_the_stop (Name_of_the_current_road)

Example: Nørreport St. (Nørre Voldgade)

And the outer LCD's and flipdots would be nice to have with this addition as well. :)

Also in regards to this, I would like the inner LCD to show first the stop name, then the current road name. I guess that is possible with a special PIS?

but define a standard for new fonts that includes all latin letters as well as most local special characters.

Definitely agree on this one. That would make it so much easier for foreign content developers, if every character is implemented from the start.

In my PIS for Copenhagen are, obviously, Danish-only letters (æ, ø and å). Also, some of the stops contain parantheses, which I noticed the LCD displays won't accept.

What would the easiest way be for me to implement these characters into the said displays, or will I need to make my own for this?

And what are the steps to do this correctly?

-Thor

Well, one problem rarely comes alone...

This time, it's my own pavement spline, which causes the problem:

Only the curbstone:

And with the pavement:

It creates huge holes everywhere, an it gets worse, the more is added. Polygons doesn't cover these holes either.

I also tried it in different maps, all the same. And importing it as a standard spline, the same happens.

It looks like this in Blender:

After importing it to the content tool, just to test it out, I immediately clicked the big Save and Pack button. So no settings changed in CT at all.

What's causing such a simple spline to create such huge holes? What can I do?

It worked now, thanks to me being an initial dumbass :P

It was only the initial polygon point, which was 0.15... When attaching it to all the other attachpoints (which were at 0, placed when I didn't know), every other point than the first placed in the new polygon became 0.00 as well...

I hope my issues will keep to a minimal for now... Thank you all for the help :D

Marcel Kuhnt ,

Thank you for the answer, but I already knew about the difference of absolute and relative height. And as I understand it, if I initially lay down tracks relative to the terrain, they'll stay at that exact location due to their absolute height.

I created another little "test" (rails first, then subgrade):

The terrain follows the subgrade at the sides as I expected it to do. But, and this is really my main confusion: Shouldn't the terrain between the rails be perfectly flat, parallel to the rails due to the absolute height of these? Why is it then creating such a spike?? And the terrain just next to the terrain is jagged as well, when it's nearly smooth at the curved sides of the subgrade?

Well, apparently it was ok, but it later turned out to be just as bad.

I'm this close to giving up completely; no matter what order or height I place the subgrades and rails at, the terrain still gets bumpy everywhere:

Rail properties:

Subgrade properties (raised to 8m for testing; the "real" height from Google Earth is ~4m):

Isn't the idea of the subgrade to smooth out the terrain inside it? Does it have something to do with the DEM?

Someone please explain it to me and what I should do, I really don't want to give up building my map because of the terrain acting weird. :<

It makes sense to me. :)

It's because, in Florian's tutorial he mentions that the rail head should be, together with the street, at -0.15. But in the end I could just place the curbstones and such at +0.15, I guess?

Aaaand I JUST discovered, that the weird terrain gen with the bumps is somehow related to the length of the rail spline. If it >100 meters, it fails, but at <100 meters, it is still fine (at least, that's my theory).

Thank you for the tip, can confirm it works. ;)

-Thor