Budapest Tram Line 59-REAL

• Thank you for sharing your work :)

But I think your building needs some rework in the texture area - there are some cutted vehicles in front of them ;)

Tomorrow, I will make some texture photos, so I will retexture some objects :)

In the end I went to take texture photos, so I want to show that:

Anyway, I had a space lesson in my gymnasium, so took a photo from the FUTÁR display..., Which it didn't work :D It's will be god texture base for modell :)

Anyway, I saw the Márton Áron squere and I recognised the lot of differences between this state and 2014's year google maps pictures,

In last month the XII. district painted and renovated some buildings

In your opinions this pictures will be good texture base models or I should try again with better lights?

In this holiday I want to modeling the Kiss János altáboragy utca tram stop's place, but i am incredibly laisy :D

• I think, the lighting is good (the last shot maybe is a little too dark, but that should be fixable in photo retouching software).

But you can use photos like this only as a base ... you don't put the whole photo on your 3D model of the house. It's more like you take parts of the photo and rearrange them to make a good texture. All the parts of the house which are hidden behind trees, light poles, cars and so on must be replaced by other parts of the house, who look identically.

As an example: In your first picture, there is this big tree on the right which hides the third row of windows (amongst other things) - here you would copy and paste one of the other two rows of windows instead.

• I think, the lighting is good (the last shot maybe is a little too dark, but that should be fixable in photo retouching software).

But you can use photos like this only as a base ... you don't put the whole photo on your 3D model of the house. It's more like you take parts of the photo and rearrange them to make a good texture. All the parts of the house which are hidden behind trees, light poles, cars and so on must be replaced by other parts of the house, who look identically.

As an example: In your first picture, there is this big tree on the right which hides the third row of windows (amongst other things) - here you would copy and paste one of the other two rows of windows instead.

Unfortunately impossible to remove the tree from the picture, beacause it hides the buildings text's end (hided text is "hivatal") and I can't draw it. So I will try again in January and I will test my new mobile phone, and I will test Camscanner app for buildings texture :D

• Of course it's possible to remove the tree over the text. All you need to do is make another photo from a different angle, about the text. Then in Photoshop (or sg. else) you cut them into a new picture. There're tools in PS which you can remove stuff like this with (stamp tool, etc).

The last picture is a bit too dark, it may be harder to make it look good (maybe it'll look like too exposed), the other ones are perfect from the suspect of lighting.

• This project is living.. :)

In this month I will publicate some pictures of roads... :)

Today, I finished the spline creating to the map, so I can build the Farkasréti temető-Apor Vilmos tér part of the map :)

• Hi Everybody,

In the last 1 month I took a lot of pictures of the map(buildings, road, tracks), and I started to change my railtracks texture

For is example:

And I made some streetobjects to the map, and I uploaded to the Workshop :)

• The project is active, but I always have massive lack of time, which will reduce in the middle of June, when I finished with my Final Exam /Matura Examination / Érettségi . I always have 10-14 hours of activity per day, include the weekend.(!).

My main project is: Finish the Fok-Gyem font packs. The old version is done at the moment, you can download from this link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=1828869299

And if I will have enough time, I will finish the FUTÁR version fonts, and I will publish the original bitmaps files in open source, so you can use it for make displays or what you want.

In this time, I updated my Budapest's IBIS Codes pack, which include all Budapest's routes(include: buses, trolleys, tram, metros, ships and HÉVs):

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=1764589804

The next project will be a road sign pack, which will contain all Hungarian's road sign. The project's goal is to learn Blender's texturing and UV mapping, because I recognised the Blender is better then SketchUp in modelling, because Blender can do better smooths. I learned the modelling tools, but I have got some difficulties with texturing, but I hope, I can solve my problem... :)

If I finished with this projects, I will return the map building...

• Lotus can only use 1 LOD model. And for such a simple pole I would just use the generate LOD function of the content tool. Or no LOD object at all. The basic objecte and texture for this pole should be simple enough already, and by the time the time lotus switches to the LOD model the thing probably isn't even visible on screen. (afaik LOD isn't fully implemented in lotus anyway)

They look e bit too high poly indeed, something like 12 or 18 side cilinder would probably be more then enough for the pole.

To make the main object a little less poly heavy you maybe also able to use the modifier form the video you linked, although just quickly making it from scratch might cause less issues and be faster.

Currently developing:

:flag_net: - RVV1990 - 40%

:flag_net: - RVV1966 Addon - 0%

• Lotus can only use 1 LOD model. And for such a simple pole I would just use the generate LOD function of the content tool. Or no LOD object at all. The basic objecte and texture for this pole should be simple enough already, and by the time the time lotus switches to the LOD model the thing probably isn't even visible on screen. (afaik LOD isn't fully implemented in lotus anyway)

They look e bit too high poly indeed, something like 12 or 18 side cilinder would probably be more then enough for the pole.

To make the main object a little less poly heavy you maybe also able to use the modifier form the video you linked, although just quickly making it from scratch might cause less issues and be faster.

I started to reduce the poly numbers. You are right, the 12-18 side cilinder is enough for the pole. Anyway, it is good, if I reduce the poly number in the sphere part, like the cilinder?

• Very important to know is, that there is a huge difference in handling the track parts instead of normal scenery objects.

Normal scenery objects are loaded only once, so there does not exist a RAM oder VRAM problem (normally ;-) ). And todays graphic cards seem to be very fast even with many vertices (material, drawcalls and such things seem to be much more expensive).

Nevertheless, just use as less vertices as possible. 12-18 for a pole ist very good, indeed, but should be enough, too. With the sphere, you should just try: Create it, move your camera in your 3D software as far as you will look at it in the simulation and think about it. ;-) But please mind: If it is no track tie, you can feel much more free in poly/vertex count. ;-)

• Very important to know is, that there is a huge difference in handling the track parts instead of normal scenery objects.

Normal scenery objects are loaded only once, so there does not exist a RAM oder VRAM problem (normally ;-) ). And todays graphic cards seem to be very fast even with many vertices (material, drawcalls and such things seem to be much more expensive).

Nevertheless, just use as less vertices as possible. 12-18 for a pole ist very good, indeed, but should be enough, too. With the sphere, you should just try: Create it, move your camera in your 3D software as far as you will look at it in the simulation and think about it. ;-) But please mind: If it is no track tie, you can feel much more free in poly/vertex count. ;-)

Thank you for you answer :)

Finally, My solution is:

In the sphere, I left it inside every 3rd vertex in the height, and every 4th vertex in width.

And in the Editor:

• I am pleased to announce to you that my package containing REALISTIC passenger information for the whole of Budapest has been completed as a "by-product" of the project. Displays from The Creators are essential for realistic operation.

Download link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…gWa_nwQgqIgBFy-RAdedtZ-R4

• Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor - Gábor Áron utca cross

• Unfortunately Steam Workshop removed my 2 workshop item, so a reuploaded them:

Budapest IBIS Codes V2.7.1: https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2920542148

Balzska Ground and Polygon Pack V1.1.3: https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2920582283

They originally made it for the map. 60-70% of my packages use the Balzska Ground and Polygon Pack package. This container used by a lot of map, so the redownload is very important in this case