Vintage Budapest tram type V (no. 1000)

• Hello everyone!

So, I'm currently working on a vintage tram from Budapest, Hungary, called the 1000, or V type (they were numbered from 1000 to 1079 at the transport company BKV).

I'm making some progress, I could write my very own and very basic script, but I have some problems with it.

The problem is, that I cannot add variables to the animation of models. I have my own variables listed in the 'Test Script' window after importing (or reimporting) the script. If I simulate triggers in the 'Test Script' window with the buttons, the variable changes as well. But if I select an animation (with selected meshes as well), I cannot chose any public variables but a few generic ones.

Here, I have my my main script file (pas), the public var section:

The same but with smaller fonts so you can see the order of the variables (I selected the one I'm showing an example with, A_CP_iranyvalto, well let's say it's the reverser of the cockpit A):

I have the variables listed in the test script window:

But in the animation window, I cannot choose anything but a few generic variables, like inv_radius, panto_pos and so on:

I've selected the mesh for the animation, I have the variable in the test script list, but it doesn't show up in the list in animations, and I can't figure it out why.

I could even stick a sound to it, but I cannot animate anything. ?(

Edit: Here's a little video how it looks like now:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/8uclNTuW9n8

• Thanks for the answer!
    I figured it out later (though I don't know why the integer can't be negative), but it still wouldn't show me my variables. But if I typed their names in there, it worked just fine. Interesting... (But it doesn't matter since it works.)

• Been making some progress today (well, yesterday):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqjPHVXzYNA

I know I have to smooth the edges, but if I import the whole model in the ContentTool and say yes to importing normals, it looks awful, but if I don't, it looks like this. So I'll have to import some models by themselves one by one, but I've been too lazy to do so. Of course I'll do it.

Though I have some problems, again. I was trying to make the pantograph work, but I kept getting "NAN ist keine glut..." so "NAN is not a variable" error messages.

Here's the code it was complaining abaout:

Code
    1. ALL_szedo_szog := Min( (Arccos(panto_0-3.8/3.15)/PI*180)-4, ALL_szedo_szog+(Timegap*SZEDO_SEB));

(szedo is an abbrevation for áramszedő, which means pantograph in Hungarian, if anyone wonders - also SZEDO_SEB is the speed of the raising pantograph)

In the code I'm trying something like raising the panto for a correct height, which is getting higher and higher until it reaches the wire, then stops (because of the minimum). The formula (arccos...) is to calculate the maximum angle of the panto. I figured out the problem is the "panto_0" variable. It's declared in the main pas file, it's a global LOTUS variable, but the program seems to be not recognizing it.

Is this function simply not implemented yet in LOTUS or am I doing something wrong?

Also, how can one publish a vehicle in LOTUS? (Not like this model would be done in a few weeks)

Via steam workshop or just publish the *.LCT files?

• The arccos-function is only defined for values between -1 and 1 because it uses the ratio of the cathetus and the hypotenuse. The cathetus can't be longer than the hypotenuse so it can't reach other values. I don't know what your variables mean but to get the arc of the panthograph when it reaches the top you should say arccos(maxHeight/lengthPanthograph).

• My formula is something like arccos(actual wire height - height of the panto base / panto length).

And the problem is, that panto_0, which should give the height of the wire above pantograph index 0 from LOTUS, according to this article, it doesn't give back the height of the wire. I don't know what it copies from the LOTUS, but if I use this variable, I get NAN error (therefore it's not something like "5 metres") and my pantograph starts spinning aroung like crazy.

If it would get the real wire height, like 5-6 metres, the arccos function would get a smaller number then 1, for example at 5 metres, (5-3.8)/3.15, which is around 0,38, but it clearly doesn't. Maybe this function is not implemented yet, I don't know.

BTW I have another question - is it possible to make the vehicle "nod" when you brake or accelarate? Like, when you hit the emergency brake, the vehicle nods a bit (rotate around the X axis). It would be pretty awesome if I could implement this in the tram, since these old, two axled long trams nod a lot, even between different brake notches (they're a bit heavy, and they have leaf springs).

I tried to modify the variable called "loadforce_Axle_N_0_0", like this:

Code
    1. loadforce_Axle_N_0_0 := (MBrake_Axle_N_0_0 * 3.0) - (M_Axle_N_0_0 * 3.0); //FIRST AXLE

But it doesn't make any difference, I guess it's really a non-writable variable. I tried to alter the damping rates of the tram (animations->main, or general info.->object properties), but it only changes the vertical movement, not this direction. Any suggestions?

• Did you tested the script only in the Content-Tool? I would try to place the tram on a map and check the value of panto_0 in the Script-Plotter. Also you can check the height of the wire with an if-statement first and only if the wire is not too high the arc for the pantograph will be calculated.

According to the article you mentioned “loadforce_Axle_N_0_0“ is a non-writeable variable. I have no idea for such an animation, too.

• How can I open the script plotter? I tried with all of the combinations on my keyboard, but it doesn't shows up, and in the settings there's not such a setting for this.

• I've made the pantograph script working (the problem was that I didn't check the argument of the arc function, but what's more I accidentaly changed up the sin with cos :P )

The doors are also working, and I could finally made the nodding of the tram, using the spring load variables (the funniest part is that I found in an old book what is the spring factor of these trams, which is 2-3mm per 100kg mass).

New video, now with English description

• After half a day trying to figure out how lights work in LOTUS (lightrooms etc), I can tell you the 1000 now has some lights.

Video link

It's really nice to see how better lights look like in LOTUS, compared to OMSI. I simply love it. :D

• Every scenery object creator is able to adjust the brightness at his own - so if there's an adjustment neccessary, we could do that.

Besides that, the whole environment is always subject to changes. It may happen that we change something about it, because it becomes neccessary :(

• It's really nice to see how better lights look like in LOTUS, compared to OMSI. I simply love it. :D

Janine I often have the feeling, that the lights in LOTUS are not bright enough (feeling a little dimmed down). Are these the final light versions or do you still work on them?

It's adjustable in the content tool. It's not that hard to make some very non-real light effects, as you can see:

That's the control light which I accidentaly set to a bit too bright. Looks like welding to be honest :'D

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav