Texture source files to create more authentic maps

• Hello guys (mostly the authors of LOTUS Simulator)

I was making my own map with the default(/standard) asphalt texture when I faced a small problem: I wanted to create a new kind of poly for a pedestrian crossings, because the original 4m width spline is not an option. So I decided to create one (not a spline), but as I don't have the source Asphalt text, I can't edit it and use it. Would it be possible to share some of the textures with the community? (Such as asphalt, grass, etc.)

Faithfully, TNH from Hungary

• You may be able to use a road marking spline called "Fbm_050_durchgehend", which can be found in "Splines" -> "Street and pavement elements".?/

But couldn't freeform that, make other shapes than rectangle.

• Do you mean something like that?

If you do so, please have a look at the option "Cut angle" at the very far bottom of the properties window

I tried this method, and it's working, but always measuring the distance between the lines is a very tough job. So I would be much happier if we could use the basic textures for further work.

• I tried this method, and it's working, but always measuring the distance between the lines is a very tough job.

You can also use reference lines to set up the correct distances between the markings. I know, that is a bit awkward, but it's doable.

If you want to use a polygon or a spline another alternative would be the use of transparency. So you just have to worry about your markings. The texture named "schraffurflaeche.bmp (Grundtexturen_rw)" is using this method.