Insanely bad performance in Map Editor

• Hi Hi,

Since I have been working a lot with the map editor last days I have been encountering a lot of lag and freezes.
    I don't have a beefy pc (i5 4690, RX Vega 56 and 16GB Ram) But the map editor isn't using all resources (It is not my hardware that bottlenecks).
    CPU is max 50% Utilized and GPU just 20% at max.

Simple Materials and Automatic Refresh are being checked.
    Maybe it would be possible to add graphic settings to the Map Editor as well or at least give a option to reduce the amount of tiles loaded (I guess the main troublemaker).
    121 Tiles loaded, some of them with a lot of buildings and trees.

Side note: My laptop with a I7 3840QM, K2000M and 16GB Ram runs my map just smoothly on the low preset.

• Just one thing before:

But the map editor isn't using all resources (It is not my hardware that bottlenecks).
    CPU is max 50% Utilized and GPU just 20% at max.

Unfortunately, that's not quite correct: Your CPU should have 4 cores and if there are just two main tasks of the MapEditor using "full power", two cores are on 100% and the other two are on idle...

Please send us a screenshot of your MapEditor options, perhaps we can tweak something there. :-)

• I've got an idea... how is your performance, if you are in the 3D view? It would be great, if you post the screenshot with the performance dialog again, that's very helpfull! :-)

PS:

Doesn't really seem to happen, because there isn't any core going full power mode.

Please, thrust me, this says nothing since the CPU management sees to not using only one core. So "each" command will be done by a different core, so it looks like all cores are doing something at exactly the same time. But this does not happen.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav