Some multiplayer suggestions (DLC compatibilty, server joining)

• I apologize if any of this has been posted before, I couldn't find this myself using the search tool (especially considering that most threads are in German only).

Suggestion 1: DLC Compatibility in multiplayer

I'm going to take an example of game Cities In Motion 2. In that game, in multiplayer sessions all DLCs were always enabled for all players. That means all players could see DLC content, even if they didn't have it but they couldn't use/buy them themselves.

Would it be possible to implement similar logic to LOTUS also that DLCs are always enabled for all multiplayer sessions and all players can see them (and of course the custom repaints the server has set for the said vehicles) but the people who don't own the DLCs can't spawn or switch to those DLC vehicles or not spawn to DLC maps etc?

Cities In Motion 2 was in Steam also so technically something like this should be possible that all players actually have the DLC content in their game at all times, they just can't use it themselves unless they've bought it. And from what I've understood Rail and Street modules are planned to work similarly (you can see the content but if you don't have it you can't use it yourself)

Suggestion 2: Allow joining later on

Idea is simple, allow players to join server/session after the game has started also. For example you notice your friends are playing later than they started and you would like to join them also. Right now you can't unless they start a new session (from what I've understood)

9896-groupfullwide2000px-png

A virtual bus & trucking company

gogroupvirtual.eu

gb.svg Only respond to my posts in English!

• And from what I've understood Rail and Street modules are planned to work similarly (you can see the content but if you don't have it you can't use it yourself)

We intended to do this for DLC in the same way as for the modules. This would mean for vehicle, you can not drive them by yourself, and for maps (as soon as you can load more than one map at once) you can not enter the map you do not own as a pedestrian, passenger or driver. But we will not force the payware creators to participate in that system, I think... Let us create that system later in the timeline of LOTUS, when there are more developers and more unique constellations of payware and intentions.

Idea is simple, allow players to join server/session after the game has started also

This, indeed, is already a topic in the German part of the forum. It's quite simple: this feature is missing until it is possible to delete, change and spawn vehicles, since those features belong together. :)

• Idea is simple, allow players to join server/session after the game has started also

This, indeed, is already a topic in the German part of the forum. It's quite simple: this feature is missing until it is possible to delete, change and spawn vehicles, since those features belong together. :)

Is it also planned to have possibility for longer lasting sessions? For example, we'll setup a session for our virtual bus company with required maps and mods and it's up 24/7. Company members just need to find it and join. Basically like dedicated servers for other games.

Some ideas I'm throwing around regarding this also if this is a feature thought about or even planned:
    - Maybe the time in session pauses when no members are online etc
    - Session "staff" or if session is linked to company (if that is a feature we can get), then company staff - can manage the time (and maybe weather) of the server etc

Or maybe you have even planned dedicated servers to take off some load from your infrastructure? ;)

9896-groupfullwide2000px-png

A virtual bus & trucking company

gogroupvirtual.eu

gb.svg Only respond to my posts in English!

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav