Suggestion for vehicle selection menu

• Hello!

After a long time trying to work around the vehicle selection/spawn menu in OMSI, i'd like to make a suggestion while Lotus is still in development.

Please allow us to have plate number/fleet number-specific repaints/configurations. The selection workflow should be as follows:

1. Select vehicle itself (For example some certain model of Citaro)

2. Select either fleet number or number plate from dropdown lists, both selections should 'follow' eachother (e.g I select a certain fleet number, the number plate changes as well).

I believe LOTUS supports Fleet number and Registration plate lists like OMSI does? (.org files)

3. After selecting a fleet number/number plate, only then allow to select a repaint. The repaint-dropdown could even be grayed out if there is only a single repaint available.

And lastly, ability to restrict certain (multiple!) repaints & 'setvars' to only specific number plates/fleet numbers.

Of course this system i'm suggesting would only work if there are defined lists of fleet numbers & registration plates. If not, it would work like it currently does. (enter any number you want, select any repaint you want)

The reason i'm asking for this feature, is because it isn't uncommon at all for buses (applies to other vehicle types as well) to be sold/brought to different operators over their lifetime. With the menu working the way i've suggested, i could recreate history of vehicles and for example, how a batch of buses has split to different operators over time.

Feel free to correct me if i don't know something or there are features like this already planned. :)

• To be honest, I prefer the freedom we have currently. For sure I'll say no to dropdown to either fleet number or plate number.

Nothing stops you from achieving what you want currently. I hated in OMSI how your fleet numbers were limited, you needed to add your fleet number to .org file (btw, which is something you can't actually do in LOTUS due to how mods are packaged into containers, you can't edit the mods without having access to original files).

The reason i'm asking for this feature, is because it isn't uncommon at all for buses (applies to other vehicle types as well) to be sold/brought to different operators over their lifetime. With the menu working the way i've suggested, i could recreate history of vehicles and for example, how a batch of buses has split to different operators over time.

Actually usually when bus is sold/bought to different operator, their fleet number and license plates change to what the new operator assigns. Here is example of one of the used buses our company here had to bought:
    05.12.2005 - Arriva Nederland 7887
    30.12.2012 - Arriva Sverige 7735
    07.2019 - Tallinn City Transport 3130

Note how the number is different for each company, of course license plate is different also. Only way how to track bus history in real life is VIN code. I have about 100 examples of this running around currently in our capital, because due to emergency our capital's company needed 100 extra buses fast so they got them through 2 year lease all over the Europe. Same pattern is everywhere, even internally in the country they change plates and fleet numbers.

//EDIT: Just saw @Janine 's post. Please make it so that it at least isn't dropdown like OMSI, but maybe if you input certain numbers, they will trigger what thread author is suggesting. Or have a checkbox next to the dropdown, with "Custom number", which changes the dropdown to textfield or sth.

9896-groupfullwide2000px-png

A virtual bus & trucking company

gogroupvirtual.eu

gb.svg Only respond to my posts in English!

• To clarify: You will have the ability to choose between the presets or your own settings, depending on your personal intention.

• To clarify: You will have the ability to choose between the presets or your own settings, depending on your personal intention.

That sounds good. Only thing which i want to know is, can i have fleetnumber/registration plate-specific repaints if i have predefined a list? OMSI did not have this, you could select any repaint regardless of number.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav