[Suggestions] MacOS and Apple Silicon support in the future?

• Hey guys, transport enthusiast and Apple Fan here :)

Since both LOTUS and OMSI are running on OpenGL engine rather than DirectX, it gives the possibility of MacOS support further down the line. I am wondering if the development team have plans for making this work with Mac as well, because with the increasing popularity and power of Mac computers it's much more convenient to not have another separate PC just for gaming. I also play Cities Skylines and The Sims 4 on Mac and I hope Mac compatibility isn't that complicated since I know nothing about programming.

It's just a thought. I hope the team would put this into consideration, can't wait to have this running natively on an M1 Mac in the future ^^;p

• Since both LOTUS and OMSI are running on OpenGL engine rather than DirectX

Small correction, OMSI is using DirectX.

Our first priority in future OSs is LInux. And even this is at the far bottom of our priority list, since it requires a lot of work. Mac would be possible too, which is why we chose OpenGL in first place, but I can not guarantee when or even that this OS support will be made. Sorry.

• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • Linux is definitely great too, I'm looking for the improved performance since they're much less resource hungry as far as I know.

As a contribution to the community, once I got my MacBook M1 ready, I might also test whether it's possible to run LOTUS with CrossOver (https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover) and post my findings here.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav