Weird switch behaviour...

• Hi,

I have noticed some weird stuff. If you have some switch set for example straight and you come from turn, you will not set the switch to turn by your wheels. This applies opposite too. IRL you will either set the switch, because it is exit switch made for that and you are tram, unless it is special type, which has a spring inside and will return itself into default position, or damage the switch, bacause you are train and the switch is not supposed to allow that.

With this is tied also situation, when you stop with at least one bogie after the switch set for other direction than you came from, and reverse your tram and begin to drive it in opposite direction. It will result in this or similar stuff.

This is a Tatra KT4 train made of 3 vehicles for fictive testing in Kleinfurt 2009 map and last bogie was behind that switch in situation, which was described before picture.

At Berlin celebration multiplayer, when I got there for few minutes, I got with GT6N into similar stuff and managed to have one bogie at turning loop on the right track and other two at left track. :rolleyes: I had to restart the game in order to put myself on one track...

I hope I am understandable...

• Hi,

I have noticed some weird stuff.

Actually this isn't weird. In real life it is prohibited to change the direction of a switch underneath the vehicle. Also it is prohibited to change the driving direction while standing on a switch. At the moment every switch in LOTUS has a spring to revert the direction to the original one. Keep that in mind while driving to avoid accidents.

Greets

• Hi,

Actually this isn't weird. In real life it is prohibited to change the direction of a switch underneath the vehicle. Also it is prohibited to change the driving direction while standing on a switch. At the moment every switch in LOTUS has a spring to revert the direction to the original one. Keep that in mind while driving to avoid accidents.

Greets

Well, I did not know that every switch here has a spring now... I just wanted to go backwards in the same direction as I came there. I have just missed the depot entry... Regarding changing direction on the switch, in Prague it might be complicated, as I have seen tram drivers doing that many times, while shunting trams near one of our tram depots.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav