How does lighting work in the game?

• Hi!

I've been working now for a few weeks with tunnels, and now i got there, when i need lighting in the stations. There is only one problem, that how the lights lighting range work or brightness or i don't know. If there is too much lights too close to each other they don't work, is there is not enough it's dark like in a cave. I am gonna attach a few screenshots with multiple tries with lightning, trying to recreate the real life one, and a photo of the real one.

• Hello!

The problem is that each point of the scenery can be illuminated by a maximum of as many light sources as specified in the settings. For this reason, LOTUS reduces the radius of the light sources to such an extent that they no longer overlap. Many light sources that are close together therefore do not work as desired.

We are still working on a concept ourselves for how underground stations should ideally be lit. In any case, long bar light sources will play a central role, because they can illuminate a large area with only one light source. In addition, the ambient component of an underground station light source should be set high.

• So am i need to wait until this feature will be available or set the ambient component of an underground station light source high, like you said? How can i do that? Is it only possible if i make my own light and i can set it in the content tool? Because in the map editor i didn't find any option for that.

• Is it only possible if i make my own light and i can set it in the content tool?

Unfortunately yes, but we plan to create "light object helper" which you can place in the MapEditor and adjust the light parameters by start parameters.

So am i need to wait until this feature will be available

No, you have not to wait, just make your own experiments! :-)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav