Error when loading aerial images

• I am not totally sure, but if you are using google it is possible that this link has reached its calling limit.

To be on the safe side, try using another link from Bing or OpenStreetMap that could also be found on this website.

Also you could try to deactivate "High resolution center tile" temporarily.

• OpenStreetMap does only provide streetmap, there are no satellite images available with this service.

I had to search for awhile, but there is already a nearly similar topic where I recently went into a bit more detail. If you want to have a look, click here

• Sorry for the delay, but as I said

OpenStreetMap does only provide streetmap, there are no satellite images available with this service.

If you want to use satellite images, you have to choose between Google or Bing.

For Bing, you have to request your own API code at Bing Maps Developer Center.

There you can log in with an existing Microsoft account and receive an API code (IMPORTANT! There are paid and free variants).

If you have received your API code, you must paste it at the end of the link.

For example, if your API code would be "123xyz", your link should look like

"https://aerial.gcmods.de/toquad.php?x=~x&y=~y&z=~z&apicode=123xyz".

(Don't enter this, because "123xyz" is not a valid API code and the link would not work.)

The same goes for Google API codes, but as far as I know there is only a pay variant left?/.

If you want to have a look by yourself, here is the link.

Otherwise the link

"https://aerial.gcmods.de/toquad.php?x=~x&y=~y&z=~z&service=google"

will work without API code, but it's limited to a daily number of 5000 calls. This restriction applies to all users using this link and does not differ by username or IP address or anything else. When this limit is reached, this link won't work no more until it's counter resets.

I hope it is reasonably understandable, if not please just ask again and I will try to explain it better.:)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kira () aus folgendem Grund: better readability of the "links"

• I understood perfectly what you want to say, the thing I don't understand is why, from yesterday to today, satellite images no longer work when they have always worked, also because reading in the forum I did not see anyone who happened this thing.

I hope that when the counter is reset everything returns to normal, otherwise I give up.

It's a whole day that I try... and I tried all the possible links (I also tried with the API codes), and I'm a bit fed up.

In any case, thank you for your support.

• In my point of view, it is completely understandable that you are a bit tired of the situation.

At the moment you are not the only one faced with such problems. Even the creator of the other mentioned topic has sent another post that something isn't working anymore.

Now I also cleared my own cache folder and set up my Bing maps link, to see if I got any issues (I'm not trying with google, because I don't have a API code).

For me it works, at least after a longer periode of waiting (even longer then i would expect it to be). I will post my settings below, so maybe it will help you.

• The problem is that I started the map with google and now no longer matches anything.

If I'm not mistaken, there was already a similar error message here in the forum, but there was no solution yet I believe.?/

Otherwise, it's nice to hear that it works at least with Bing maps.:)

• Janine

Hat das Thema geschlossen
  • Janine

Hat das Label Ist kein Fehler hinzugefügt