Vehicle filters

• I was looking at the new settings in the 64 bit content tool and was disappointed to discover we can only set values that are already there.

I know you don't want chaos in the filters (redundance and so on) but is this really the best way? To ask the developers everytime we want to add a new manufacturer, operator or even the name of the vehicle type? Unlike in OMSI, there're only a few people who can make their own vehicles (anyways we cannot modify already built vehicles), so I don't think it would lead to chaos if we could add new regions (cities), operators, etc.

At least at the region/operator/type filters it'd be nice to add new list elements by ourselves.

Also, in the description (Manufacturer menu) you cannot scroll with the mouse, can only move with the cursor buttons.

Another idea, what if it'd be possible to add multiple descriptions, filtered by language? Like, you could add an english description and another one in another language (with a tick box "English description" in the add vehicle menu for example). I mean since I build hungarian tram(s) it'd be nice to add hungarian descriptions as well but I guess other people from different countries wouldn't really appreciate that.

Also, what if in the main game at selecting vehicles, there was thumbnails instead of lists? Like, you select the manufacturer, and after that you see thumbnails and not a list of types. Maybe, showing the type (name) if you move the cursor above the thumbnail or something like that. Or it was selectable, to see a list or thumbnails.

• It was deliberately made so that the developers pretend the list because you have seen at OMSI that it ends otherwise only in chaos.

\|/⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀`\-------------(oo)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀(__)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀||w------||⠀⠀⠀⠀\|/

⠀⠀⠀\|/

• Also, in the description (Manufacturer menu) you cannot scroll with the mouse, can only move with the cursor buttons.

It's a bug, going to fix it. Thanks for reporting!

Another idea, what if it'd be possible to add multiple descriptions, filtered by language?

Since you are already able to add localized helper hints inside the vehicle, it should be a small piece of work to enable localized descriptions, as well. Didn't think about it... :D I will notify you, when the feature is done.

Also, what if in the main game at selecting vehicles, there was thumbnails instead of lists?

Nooooo please.

• I know this lead to chaos in OMSI. But in OMSI you could make a vehicle by only copying a folder and renaming it, then altering a few bits of it. Here it's a bit harder, so maybe there won't be that much crappy mod.

Anyways, if this is the way the devs want it, I accept it. But it'd be nice if there was an easy way to request new entries, like a speciel thread for that, instead of opening new threads only for asking stuff like that.

Also, thanks for the answer ^^

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav